"The Joker" in next Batman flick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Joker" in next Batman flick?

IMDB says 6'3" Australian actor Lachy Hulme (Sparks in Matrix 2&3) is "in talks";

Known for: The Matrix Revolutions, Killer Elite, Offspring

His angular face, sharp nose & height look very promising, and he can be intense.

Now the question is; can he attain the evil glee Mark Hamill has infused into the animated series Joker, esp. in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker?
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 May 2006, 19:50.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Based on the looks of the characters in the last movie, he'd definitely fit in as the Joker. Hopefully they don't kill him off in the movie (which they may not given Scarecrow lived through it).
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

You know what would be awsome? To base the next Batman on the graphic novel
      'The Killing Joke" version. That and the flashback scene in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker show Joker at his psychotic best, with the latter a stunning scene for a 'toon
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
        You know what would be awsome? To base the next Batman on the graphic novel
        'The Killing Joke" version. That and the flashback scene in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker show Joker at his psychotic best, with the latter a stunning scene for a 'toon
        With how well they chose actors for the first one, I won't doubt their choice for Joker.

Yeah Doc, the Joker animation for The Batman TAS combined with Mark Hamill as the voice was the perfect Joker. I hope Nolan and co get the point as well: psychotic to the point where it's disturbingly funny. Most people just have him dark and crazy, that's not right. He has to cause some sort of uneasy laughter.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
        X