Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Turntable..

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Looks great, just wondering how well does it remove the nidle noise?
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

It looks like a rebadged Numark

so probably alright quality....

Wonder how it compares to technics 1210's

Comment

Of course if you've got one of the high end Terratec sound cards you can just connect a conventional turntable straight to that
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I have a 6fire 24/96, and the ****ing RIAA equalizer is done in software, and gave very poor quality on my old Duron 1300 with an older revision of the filter. For quality records, I'd neither get that USB plastic-bomber nor connect a turntable directly to my Terratec. I'd get an old "Dual" (the brand name) player from the seventies (in fact I own a 1229 - the platter alone weighs over three kilos!) for like ten EUR off ebay, connect it to the Phono in of a stereo amp, and connects one of the tape/record outputs of said amp to my soundcard's line in.
          Or get a hardware phono preamp (or build one myself) and use that to connect the turntable to the line in.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've got the same sound card and it sounded fine with my Linn Axis turntable connected to it
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Maybe it was my Duron struggling with the load (sure felt like it), or the early filter revision, or both.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by ND66
                Looks great, just wondering how well does it remove the nidle noise?
                It just masks it by chopping up the whole recording with lousy mp3 compression.

Comment

well if you are *really keen* get one of these

Comment

Or just buy the god-darn CD instead?
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

not all music is available on CD ....my parents have an album collection that <20% is available now
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

And in 50 years time.... all the cd's will have rotten and there will be just Vinyl left and whatever the protected format that the corporations choose.

Was looking at this as a preamp

You can select input capacitance, and the rumble removal filter seems to work the correct way (summing to mono below a certain freq). Plus it has balanced outs.

That plus a one of those Shure V15Mxr (if you can still get them would be ideal).

I'm sticking to My RME RPM as it has 2 phono inputs so with a multi track recorder I can record vinyl at double speed.

Comment

Working...
                        X