Marvel G400-TV display driver & Video tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400-TV display driver & Video tool

Ok, since a few weeks I'm reading a little bit of everything concerning the driver, and now I'm confused.
    I know that :
    - the vidtool 1.54 have a problem with YUV
    - the vidtool 1.52 have a green line in the bottom
    - the vidtool 1.55 seems to stop working after 20 min (I'm not sure of that)
    - the vidtool 2.02 seems ok
    - Power desk 5.55 is the last version which work with the vidtools.

So I'd like to know, with WIN 98 SE, what is the best combination Vidtools + display driver, for a marvel G400-TV ?

Thanks a lot

I'm sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but are Matrox saying that they are not releasing any further Win98 drivers (Video Tools and PowerDesk) for Marvel G400-TV?

Rod

Comment

Firstly for Morane :

I'm really hoping that one of the beta's can look at their own product databases and give you an answer. I don't have enough software products installed to work out your problem and report back

Secondly, for Rod.

It is getting cofusing because of the old "he said" business. My understading is that Matrox are withdrawing MJPEG support for RR-G, Marvel G200 and Marvel G400. Powerdesk (display) drivers are completely unaffected. Capture drivers are a different ballgame though, nad we'll have to wait for them to arrive before we know what they can do. The press tatement is fairly clear on this though

Comment

OK this is the situation.

Windows 9x - no more Video Tools to be produced, version 1.54 is the last (although there is a 1.55 release that works well with all hardware). There will be a new display driver that will fix one or two bugs with version 1.54. These tools will continue to have MJPEG support but effectively what you have now is all you are going to get.

Windows 2000 - MJPEG support is withdrawn. There will be a new set of Video Tools in a few weeks that will have RGB and YUY2 capture on the Marvel G400 and RGB capture only on the Marvel G200 and Rainbow Runner-G. After this release there will be no more. If you want MJPEG under Windows 2000 you will have to use the buggy 2.00 beta release.

Comment

Thanks This_Idiot and Ant.

I have been trying to keep up with a couple of other large threads on this topic and it's become a bit confusing.

When I checked the Matrox website for the W98 Marvel drivers it said 'final' but I kept seeing references to a new Video Tools to be release in "May". I guess this is referring only to the Windows 2000 ones.

So, I guess that means that if you continue using a W98 OS, and you want a better MJPEG capture utility, it will have to be a third-party proggie?

No wonder everyone is getting a bit shi**y about it!!!

Rod

Comment

Thanks to all for your information.
            In order to be a little more precise, I saw in the document file than the 2.02 video tools can work with win 98, but which display driver I must use with, the power desk 5.55 ?
            Does the YUV and MJPEG capture function work with the 2.02 video tools (win98 config) ?

(I prefer win 98SE because it's lot easier to tweak and hack.)

Comment

Thanks to all for the help.

To be a little more precise, does somebody know which display driver must be used with the 2.02 video tools, with WIN 98 SE (in the document file for the 2.02 video tool, it's indicate than these tools are for Win 98, Win Me & Win 2000) ?

Concerning the 2.02 video tools (with WIN 98 SE) does the capture in YUV or with the MJPEG codec work ?

Comment

Thanks to all for the help.

To be a little more precise, does somebody know which display driver must be used with the 2.02 video tools, with WIN 98 SE (in the document file for the 2.02 video tool, it's indicate than these tools are for Win 98, Win Me & Win 2000) ?

Concerning the 2.02 video tools (with WIN 98 SE) does the capture in YUV or with the MJPEG codec work ?

Comment

Working...
                X