Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astroturf vs Grassroot

While surfing I stumbled into these 2 sites:

Net Neutrality keeps the internet free and open — enabling anyone to share and access information of their choosing without interference.

Charter Members:

Professor Lawrence Lessig -- Stanford
    Professor Timothy Wu -- Columbia
    Free Press -- Coalition Coordinator
    Gun Owners of America
    Craig Newmark -- Craigslist.com Founder
    Professor Glenn Reynolds -- aka Blogger Instapundit
    MoveOn.org Civic Action
    Consumers Union
    (Full list)

Member Organizations

Actiontec
    Alcatel
    The America Channel
    American Conservative Union
    AT&T
    Bell South
    Center for Individual Freedom
    Cinergy Communications
    Cingular
    (Full list)

Both of them claim to be a grassroot organisation, but the second one is just reeks of astroturf

from the handsoff site :
    Mike McCurry

Mike McCurry is a partner at Public Strategies Washington, Inc. where he provides strategic communications counsel to an impressive roster of corporate and non-profit clients. McCurry also serves as an advisor and board member of Grassroots Enterprise, Inc. a firm that specializes in using the Internet to mobilize citizens for effective public action.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Holy crap balls. Wow at #2... yeah I trust Cingular, AT&T and Bell South to make sure I have a free Internet. Just look how my phone service is run!

Great find. I gotta look into this more.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
    X