Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus...

Hi guys,

Working at a charity thing of late as a volunteer. However, have found that 4 of their 5 systems is without an antivirus. One was infected with a SPAM mailing system. Took that out real quick. That one's no longer connected to the Internet.

But the main thing is, that one of the systems that should never be down, is without any protection at all, and they won't implement any user acount/password systems for it.

Because getting them a new system so they can have that as the new main system is not suitable for the moment, I'm thinking of getting that particular system fitted with an anti-virus to help it from getting infected with anything, as I've seem some people mess with it of late.

Anyway, simply put. It has Office XP MS Word, Excel, Access, etc. It also has Adobe's Acrobat 5.0 installed to create PDF's.

Anyone know of any antivirus (commercial or otherwise, it doesn't really matter, so long as the price isn't above £50) that is compatible with the above software? (I know Norton has it's own problems).

Thanks guys.

J1NG

NOD32

Comment

Avast!
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

AVG www.grisoft.com
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

If you're volunteering like that then they shouldn't waste your time by rejecting basic security practises like passworded accounts. But anyway, AVG = free, NOD32 = good.

Comment

Thanks all, keep em coming if you've got other views and apps.

Whirl-Secret:
            True. But they know sod-all about good IT practice. Guess I'll just have to throw my weight around a bit. Although the fact that they're "soon" to move to a new location to get their current site re-developed, to which afterwards they're getting their new systems, is kinda holding me off from really doing so.

J1NG

Comment

I use AVG (free version) and it does a nice job.

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

What's NOD32

Comment

Working...
                X