Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military to US/Mexican border?

Pres. Bush to address nation Monday night @ 8 PM

Thursday night the House of Representatives authorized the use of the military on US borders 252-171. This was necessary because of the Posse Comitatus Act, which requires an anauthorization by Congress before using the military for law enforcement functions;

We'll see if the Senate follows suit, but that may not be necessary if the National Guard, which is a State-run militia, is Federalized by the President. He can do this without Congressional authorization.

Several States have been 'pulling' this load themselves, much to the consternation of the US citizenry.

About f***ing time
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 May 2006, 06:37.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
    About f***ing time
    You can say that again.

Comment

just gotta say, that to me, policing of borders is a national or federal concern.
      erm? states have been having to do it? yes, yes you do need some sort of reform in a few area's over there.
      no state should have to bare the burden of national security.
      edit: am aware why the situation is probably that way, just seems it should have been rectified long before now. good that it is being fixed though.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
      X