• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Pic....

Story....
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Interesting slant to the story, I got a similar story from local media which is completly at odds with all the pre-e3 articles arund the net form peopl who were there
    (I think sony PR has been spreading the sugar)

I have reading quite few articles about the pre-e3 conferences, it seems the ps3 has the least enthusiastic response by the people there.

Quite a few actively taking the piss out of the PS3's motion sensitive controller, and a general ho-hum to what they were showing for the games.

MS got quite enthusiastic response with its 360 , the hd-dvd, wireless controler steering wheel, new games... (Halo 3)

The Nintendo got the best response, with people actaully enjoying playing with the games, the 4 player tennis match went down well. As well as the new zelda and mario galaxy stuff

We will have a better idea how enthused they are by the end of e3 I think.

Having siad that, I might actually be tempted by the ps3(in a year or 2) if blu-ray takes off and the game play pans out, it just seem more well rounded than the 360.

little note best playback for 360 is 720P playback.
    Whereas the PS-3 will do 1080P

PS: of course I will be getting the Wii as soon as its released

Comment

Oh...and PS3 has free online gaming as does the Nintendo

Comment

you know what, the closer it gets to Wii release, I am getting more and more excited about using that controller. my skepticism is dying off and im gettin pumped. And at what... half the price? of the PS3...
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The PS3 looks rather ugly in that picture, like one of those ancient top-loading VCRs schools used in the '80s or something.

Comment

The PS3 has been getting very ho-hum reviews at E3. This may spell a load of troubles for the already financially troubles Sony.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
              The PS3 has been getting very ho-hum reviews at E3. This may spell a load of troubles for the already financially troubles Sony.
              Yeah thats what I have heard as well, strange thing is the local media (tv...etc) is talking it up like its the only console in the show....

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                Yeah thats what I have heard as well, strange thing is the local media (tv...etc) is talking it up like its the only console in the show....
                that would be the brand new 50"+ sony plasma TV's they now have in their living rooms helping them make that decision

/cynic mode off
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

You know, I've never owned a console. Only had PCs for gaming (that were mine, rather than a friends, all the way back to 8086 land). And of the 3 "next gen" consoles, that Nintendo is the most interesting, because it is the only one in my eyes that offers something "different"... also it's likely to be priced more like a toy/gadget than another computer
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I used to be pro PC gaming but have switched over to prefering the idea of a console, suppose it's because with both my job and freelance work I spend so much time at PC's, I don't want to use them for fun as well, well other the WoW.

Difficult at the moment, I'm tempted by the 360 but it is a lot to shell out (in addition to needing a new bulb for my projector), the Wii looks fun but that's quite a way off.

Comment

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O) sided with rival Nintendo Co. Ltd. (7974.OS) on Wednesday in the fight to unseat video game leader Sony Corp.(6758.T), saying many consumers will choose to buy both of their machines for the price of one PlayStation 3.

"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

"People will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid," Moore told Reuters.
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                      X