Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use PC with bluetooth as bluetooth keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use PC with bluetooth as bluetooth keyboard?

Hello,

Weird idea: is it possible to use a PC that has bluetooth as a keyboard for a mobile phone or PDA?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Probably not. More than likely you could pair the devices together to form a bluetooth network, but that's about it.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

yes it's possible, I've seen programs for Palm, and I would be really surpriced if you cant find for other platforms as well
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Any thoughts on the name?
        I don't have a bluetooth keyboard profile on the pc, and searches on google don't yield decent results.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

There is a Nokia driver that allows the use of a bluetooth keyboard (HID profile) with the phone. So all that is needed is a software that allows a PC to present itself as a bluetooth keyboard...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

wich OS does your device use?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
              wich OS does your device use?
              The phone runs Symbian Series 60 2.x. Nokia has a driver that allows any bluetooth keyboard (HID profile) to be used. So my guess is that I just need a PC software that makes the PC present itself as such a device... Right?

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X