Murc Music Recommendations 06/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murc Music Recommendations 06/1

Welcome people to my irregularly occuring "recommend music" thread.

First of all, some free music:

Mercedes-Benz Mixed tapes, latest edition available at www.mixed-tape.com. Fifteen tracks, mostly electronic, from not very well known artists, available in unrestricted mp3, without any reference to Mercedes-Benz in the audio (except for one track on MT#1, "The New CLS Sound"). Past editions can be found in your filesharing network of choice.

And now for something completely different:

Gotan Project. Modern Tango, very cool Try "Diferente" from their latest Album "Lunatico" (of which every track is very good, if you happen to like this sort of music).

Third time's a charm:

Seeed. A german Raggae/Dancehall group, not very well known outside of germany. Their lyrics are mostly german, but I think they released an english album recently, and the music is fine regardless of language. They're the first german band to land a hit in Trinidad and Tobago (With "Waterpumpee", which I'd recommend, too. The corresponding Riddim (Wikipedia Link) is "Doctor's Darling".)

Oh, and I've recently discovered Live, who don't seem to have much success in Germany. I really like them, which is why I'll be attending one of only two concerts in Germany this summer.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I recommend the following albums:

Karnivool - Themata (Hard Rock)

These guys are from Western Australia. Way better than Nickelback in my opinion.

Dir En Grey - Withering To Death (Jrock)

NOT for the faint hearted. These japanese punkers are HARD CORE. They had some concerts in Germany recently.

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place (Chillout)

I am a huge fan of the chillout genre. Ulrich Schnauss is one of my favourite producers in this genre.

Lamb - Lamb (Garage ..something)

Some UK Garage. My favourite track: Lamb - Gorecki. It's a MUST HEAR track! Electronica, Vocals, but its not Trance!! Nice lyrics too.

Az (and other Germans), can you recommend more German music?

Comment

Wir sind Helden (very good IMHO). Juli. Silbermond. Rosenstolz. Keimzeit (get their live album - great! Studio albums are so-so). Anajo. Die Sterne. Deine Lakaien. Welle: Erdball. Die Fantastischen Vier. Sportfreunde Stiller. Klaus Hoffmann (Klaus Hoffmann singt Brel is fantastic. He sings Jaques Brel chansons in german.). Fettes Brot. Die Ärzte. Die Toten Hosen. Fink (interesting, good!). Geier Sturzflug. Grooveminister. Knorkator. Nachlader. Purple Schulz und die neue Heimat (80s). Tocotronic. Reinhard Mey...
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've been totally digging The Killers as of late...their album is Hot Fuss.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Hmm, you can always click link in my sig to see what I'm listening to...big part of it (best part perhpas) is quite local...

Comment

Working...
          X