It's been so long ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been so long ...

... since I had time to stroll these forums.

Main reason is being buried in work and having lesser freetime, now that my kids are growing and demanding more and more the older they get, which is perfectly fine to me, but it just doesn't leave enough time to follow all my interests.

Anyways, I see you peeps still are having fun and get along very well ...

Here's an actual pic of the two, after having raided their new plattform which I built as a base for the treehouse that I'm building for them in our backyard.

The pirate in front is Louis who will turn 5 in four weeks and the little monger in the back is Kimmy who just turned 3 recently.

As you can guess from the pic, we are a happy bunch and doing mighty fine ...

On the computer front, I upgraded my aging Asus A7V333 / Thorton 2400+ rig from a Radeon 9600pro to an XFX 7800GS XX and aside from the tremendous speed bosst, I could revive my olden shutterglasses and enjoy real 3D again. Being completely CPU limited, I can take advantage of the fact that I run everything in VSync to avaoid tearing when using my glasses and I found out the performance impact is minimal when using 4xAA & 8xAF in combination with transparancy MSAA, compared to default (no AA, no AF) settings, so overall I'm a pretty happy camper again and could save quite a few bucks before I'll have to get an entirely new system.

While I'm on gaming, are there still some peeps out there that use Hamachi ?

So much for now, I just wanted to drop by and give a little status quo on me and hope that you are all doing fine as well !

Take care,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

welcome back to the forums~ wheeeeeee

Comment

Nice to hear you're still well, and nice of you to drop in and say hello

Congrats on your kids, the last pic I remember was a baby... has it really been that long?
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Welcome back!
        Beautiful kids!
        Good to hear everything is going well.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

get your butt on icq
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Guchi:
            LOL ... now I know what I was missing for so long ... it must have been these kind of deeply philosophic expressions of joy ... wheeee w00t w00t !!!

AZ:
            Thanx for the flowers, I think the last pics I posted from my kids must have been ages ago, since not even the forum's search engine could find 'em

gt40:
            Thanx for confirming my deeply biased perception of my kids being so pretty ...

Sasq:
            I surely would, if I could only find out what my ICQ number was ... do you still have it around ?
            I could try to remember the pw I used back then ...

But I guess, it's just easier to meet you peeps on IRC instead.

CYas !
            Maggs

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Welcome back! Now all we need is a good G200 VS TNT flame war, and I will feel nostalgic .
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Hi Maggers!!!!

Pirates are Cool!!!! Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I do miss the Good old Days at MURC..................

I think I read some where that the TNT2 is realy a piece of lunch meat with foil crimped on one side. Really!

Ya, I read that somewhere too, Pimento Loaf(Yuk) wasn't that what they said, somewhere.

Now can we all please get along before I get my size 11 Doc Martens out again and start pushing my weight around

You know I was just playing Quake 2 at 1600x1200 with 38fps on the G400 and thinking to myself, this is hideously bad.

It's a good thing you guys can't hear me sing...LOL

Some G400s are only AGP 2X??

I think I might have gotten one of those shady OEM/boxed deals
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Lol.

Its the Veterans Parade!

Anyone seen the mem upgrade for the Mystique?

~~DukeP~~

Comment

First Haig, now you .... conspiracy everywhere ....

Nevertheless welcome back

Wait 10 more years and you will get all the time back when the kids decide to explore the other half of the mankind ....
                    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Hey Mags.....nice 2CU again )
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Great looking kids Maggi Glad to see you pop in again. Hopefully you can stay on a more regular basis. Otherwise I'll just have to stay above you in post count
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Greebe says howdy....my ICQ has you with #104996107 hope it helps ya
                          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Great to see you back, Maggi: my kids are getting big as well.

Where is Greebe anyway? It's been 4ever since he's been around.
                            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Thanx alot for the nice words and reminders to the good ole times y'all !!!

ALL YOUR MURC ARE BELONG TO US !!!1!!1!!!!ONE!!1!!!

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                              X