Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical US PS3 Price- $499

ouch!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

So that'll be 699$ CND I imagine. Pffft, not really worth it just for playing games.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It get's better!

20GB PS3 Missing Features?

May 8, 2006 - The announcement earlier tonight that the PS3 would come in two separate configurations easily caught the ear of PS3 fans eager for any news of Sony's system. However, upon closer analysis of the images for the systems itself, a rather curious system feature seemed to be missing from the 20 gig configuration.

Looking at the official press site of SCEA, we noticed that the PS3 with the 20 gigabyte hard drive seemed to lack HDMI support. This seems to be confirmed by an offical press release from SCEA, which indicates via comparison between the two systems. However, it also indicates that the 20 gigabyte system won't have Memory Stick, SD or Compact Flash reading capability or WiFi support. Even worse, it appears that rumble doesn't appear to be included with the new six axis sensing controller.

Could the 20 gig become a gamer shunned system? When Microsoft launched the Xbox 360, consumers hated the Core system that didn't come with a hard drive and other features, quickly dubbing it the "tard pack." Will the 20 gig suffer the same fate? We'll have more details as we get them from the show.

Update: It also appears that Sony has ditched dual-HDMI support altogether, even from its high-end 60GB system. Whether or not the system is still capable of running dual-displays by using both HDMI and the AV multi-out is unknown.

Also, Sony announced that the Blu-ray disc drive in the PS3 will run at 2X, or roughly 72Mbps.

Comment

But wait! There's more!

That's the price for the stripped down version of the PS3. The full version costs $599. Comparison chart here:

What you lose for spending $100 less?

- 40 GB of HDD space (20 vs. 60)
        - HDMI
        - Memory card reader (memory stick, CF, SD
        - WiFi

Wow...Sony is screwing themselves. Especially considering how slowly they drop prices. They better have gaves that put a PC and the other two consoles to shame if they plan on making sales to anyone but enthusists and rich people.

Jammrock
        Last edited by Jammrock; 9 May 2006, 04:58.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm not likely to EVER buy this thing. I have a hard enough time justifiying $200 for a gaming system. I however, will be all over the Wii (blecha name). I drool at the thought of hooking up one to a projector.
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

had a ps1, did so many chips for people in them
            never bothered with the ps2, didn't have time for a consol.
            the Wii has my attention, and will get a home in my living room.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

What's all this reference to the 'Wildlife Insititute of India'?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

LOL
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  you mean "Washington Internship Institute"

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

WOW, people can justify spending $699 on a video card like the ATI X1900 or Nvidia 7900 GTX yet don't wnt to spend the same on a console like the PS3, which provides them with Blue Ray, WiFi, mewmory stick reader, 60GB HD, and so much more?

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                      WOW, people can justify spending $699 on a video card like the ATI X1900 or Nvidia 7900 GTX yet don't wnt to spend the same on a console like the PS3, which provides them with Blue Ray, WiFi, mewmory stick reader, 60GB HD, and so much more?

its because a computer gives you that already

Plus paying that much for a console is just stupid

Comment

Wiivolution!!! I'm liking it more and more.

I think you get a lot of bang for your buck on the PS3. Though I am not really excited about it. I'm not excited about the 360 either.

I'm really excited aobut 2007 games for the PC though. I'm looking forward to Vista and DX10 as well.
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                          I'm looking forward to Vista and DX10 as well.
                          The more I play with Vista and hear about the nerfed features, the less I am excited about it.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Elie

The most i've spent for a video card was $250 for my G400Max and that was excessive for me. I generally never spend more than $200.
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

You used to think there was more and more stratification in US society. Now with gas prices what they are and this happening, the kids will feel it. If Mom and Dad can afford this for junior, they are either kiddie whipped or have money. Sales will not be what Sony would like.

Comment

Working...
                              X