X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbbbut..I didn't mean it !!

Zacarias Moussaoui asks to Withdraw Guilty Plea;

AP

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Convicted Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the plot and wants to withdraw his guilty plea because he now believes he can get a fair trial.

In a motion filed Friday but released Monday, Moussaoui said he testified March 27 he was supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

A federal court jury spared the 37-year-old Frenchman the death penalty last Wednesday. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema gave him six life sentences, to run as two consecutive life terms, in the federal supermax prison at Florence, Colo.

At sentencing, she told Moussaoui: "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions, as was explained to you when you plead guilty" in April 2005. "You waived that right."

She said he could appeal his sentence but added, "I believe it would be an act of futility."

Moussaoui's court-appointed lawyers told the court they filed the motion even though a federal rule "prohibits a defendant from withdrawing a guilty plea after imposition of sentence." They did so anyway because of their "problematic relationship with Moussaoui" and the fact that new lawyers have yet to be appointed to replace them.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 May 2006, 22:13.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

My first reaction, SHOOT HIM.
    Give him the death penality and say we were only joking about serving that life sentence.

Comment

Why did he plead guilty in the first place? Sheesh.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        Why did he plead guilty in the first place? Sheesh.
        Not only that but he taunted the court, the judge, the jury, his lawyers and the western world in general. But those were all jokes, too ... right?
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

This whole thing has been a joke. I don't even know where to start.
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

There's something I don't understand in all this and that's the seriousness of the whole thing, since the beginning. I mean, Zacarias Moussaoui is the only 'guilty' party (and please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) in this thing since the beginning and yet his trial turns out to be a complete joke....

Comment

Hrm. Maybe he was hoping for the death sentence so that he could go out as a proud servant of Allah. Now that those plans have been dashed he's thinking he can become a free man, because, well, there's nothing so wonderful about being a failed terrorist serving a life sentence in sollitary confinement.

I've been on the fence about this case given his lack of final involvement in the relative events, but everytime he speaks it just furthers the thought in my mind that he should rot for eternity.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                Hrm. Maybe he was hoping for the death sentence so that he could go out as a proud servant of Allah. Now that those plans have been dashed he's thinking he can become a free man, because, well, there's nothing so wonderful about being a failed terrorist serving a life sentence in sollitary confinement.
                Hmm, I didn't look at it that way. It makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Jeez, what's the legal term for Mulligan?
                  Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Why do so many people go to so much trouble to make sense out of what a crazy person says?
                    It's ranting. I doesn't mean anything except that his mouth still works.
                    And I have no doubt it will keep flapping until they lock the door.
                    It may not stop even then..
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Poor, poor Moussaoui....

Here's your future, Bitch:
                      Attached Files
                      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                        Here's your future, Bitch:
                        Not where he's going.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually, in a way yes: At SuperMax, the inmates have a twice Daily BCS, one before and one after their one hour exercise periods. Preparation H abounds.
                          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

The thought of him being some double-Y's bitch is most appealing
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                              The thought of him being some double-Y's bitch is most appealing
                              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
                              X