Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST BUY Markets Good Digital Flat Tube TVs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST BUY Markets Good Digital Flat Tube TVs!

BEST BUY is marketing very impressive DIGITAL FLAT TUBE TVs.

I've tested the following 27-inch model (NS-27RTV):

It's a standard definition 480i picture - but it looks great when using the integrated DIGITAL (ATSC/Clear QAM) TUNER; it is flawless.

You won't be disappointed in 480i TV when you see how it's really supposed to look.

The DIGITAL TUNERS are "all-or-nothing."

In other words, they don't behave like crappy ANALOG (NTSC) tuners.

Once you get the antenna positioned correctly, you never have to move it again... the picture always comes in PERFECTLY from that point forward.

But now BEST BUY is selling flat tube HIGH DEFINITION models as well and they also feature DIGITAL tuners.

Here's a 27-inch, 4:3 high definition TV model (NS-27HTV):

Here's a 30-inch, 16:9 high definition TV model (NS-30HTV)

Why bulkier flat-tube TVs?

1. They are AFFORDABLE.

The first model I listed above is about $230.

The second model I listed above is about $400.

The third model I listed above is about $550.

2. You may be one of many individuals who actually PREFER the way video looks on TUBE TV screens over the STILL VERY EXPENSIVE flat-screen TVs.

3. Many of the STILL VERY EXPENSIVE flat-screen TVs assume you are locked into monthly subscriptions to satellite or cable TV services and they don't include DIGITAL TUNERS.

Anyway, I'm impressed by BEST BUY.

Their INSIGNIA brand seems to be leading to LOWER PRICES and MORE CHOICES for all.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 22 May 2006, 18:41.

By the way, the second and third models I listed in the previous post feature analog outputs that - possibly - convert the digital video received by the DIGITAL TUNERS into clean analog video that can then be fed into your existing set top DVD recorder.

Most of today's DVD recorder models are designed to record ANALOG broadcasts.

But I suspect you can extend their ability to record DIGITAL-converted-to-clean-ANALOG by purchasing DIGITAL TVs with these analog outputs.

I've not yet been able to test this, however.

So check into it to be sure.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X