Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How desperate is Hollywood?

In my mind this is proof of how deperate Hollywood is to break their slump:

Okay, the Eragon book was, at best, average. It is rip-off of Tolkien, McAffrey, and just about any other popular fantasy book, written by a 15 year old kid that was nothing really spectacular. Yet Eragon is being turned into a big budget movie. Why? Because the book was popular in the pre-teen/young teen sector, because they don't know any better.

Makes me want to write an unimaginative fantasy book so I can make movie royalties...

Further proof:

Though a lot of people may say this is because of Tom's Scientology nonesense, M:I 3 should have done better. As it stands, this is a poor poor start to the summer season.

Come to think of it, I haven't been really excited about an upcoming movie since uh ... er ... Star Wars ep 3 and The Return of the King. And this year I'm looking forward to ... Cars and uh ... not much else. And this from someone who used to watch 4-5 movies a month.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

We're behind on our movies. We want to see... uh... lots of stuff that's already on DVD!

But V for Vendetta, certainly.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Saw MI:3 on Friday (only cos some friends dragged me along). Mr Cruise has had far too many facelifts... he really should grow old gracefully and stop trying to play (with ) young men.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

They should have called it Fraudo.

Comment

I really hope that some of David Gemmell's books get the Peter Jackson treatment.

That would be awesome!
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
            I really hope that some of David Gemmell's books get the Peter Jackson treatment.

That would be awesome!
            Certainly would, but I guess that would just be to much to hope for

Comment

Working...
            X