Marvel G450eTV on Abit KT7a RAID MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G450eTV on Abit KT7a RAID MB

I've used a Mystique with RRS for many years now and it has served me well. The time has come to look at upgrading however.

Does anybody have experience with the G450eTV on an Abit KT7a RAID MB. I am particularly interested in dropped frames during extended captures (>2hrs) and sound sync on extended captures(this was a problem with the RRS on occasion)

Thanks

BeachBum

I would not recomend using any video hardware on the KT7-RAID. If you explore the Abit newsgroups and other forums you'll find it's causing lots of problems.

Some claim that recent BIOS & HighPoint RAID driver updates plus the new VIA driver sets help, but to me it's still a crapshoot.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks for the Feedback, but does the KT7A RAID see the same problems as the KT7.

I have seen reports of poor playback on this board when using a pyro card, but the issue were resolved by altering various settings in the BIOS, user in question now very happy with the boards performance.

Any suggestions for a suitable board. I was looking to RAID for some speed gains on capture and the Abit board seemed to offered this at a reasonable price.

BB

Comment

There have been problems with the interaction between the HPT RAID chipset, the VIA chipset and some other hardware.

At one time it even had the HPT chipset on the same IRQ as the AGP slot, although this may have been fixed in a BIOS update. Not sure.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dr

FYI, The IRQ for the HPT is now shared with PCI Slot 5, Can't recall where I read this however.

Whats the story with the Promise RAID controller used on ASUS boards? Any joy here?

Thanks

BB

Comment

The only problems I've read about this board is with SB Live cards. I haven't really seen anyone posting the card not working period on the forums. I would suggest having the most recent 4in1 VIA chipset drivers and updated Abit BIOS. I have access to a system with that same board, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to stick in the Marvel G450 eTV. If I do, I'll post my results.

Chris

Comment

I'm running Fasttrak100's on the Asus P3B-F with no problems. The CUBX is the newer version of this line, having socket 370 instead of slot 1.

I'd expect more problems on systems with VIA Northbridge chips than those with Intel or AMD.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Christrati

Would be very interested in hearing your results if you get a chance to try the card out.

Doc, Going back over some of the threads on the Matrox Forum for Video Edit, It would seem the testbed they use (Haig) is a KT7. Do you have additional info on this. Also stated that they have tested the card on ASUS, Abit & Epox MB's

BB

Comment

I think I have some further help for you. I'm not sure if I'll be able to setup the Abit KT7A board setup, but here is a forum post that might help you out.

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/005421.html

At least the person there posted and stated he had no trouble with the board. Hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X