Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BabyBot

picked up from slashdot

Created by roboticists from Italy, France and Switzerland, "Babybot" automatically experiments with objects nearby and learns how best to make use of them. This gives the robot an ability to develop motor skills in the same way as a human infant.
    Babybot
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Snazzy. Pretty soon humans will be obsolete.

Comment

Actually I am thinking more about how adaptive inteligence could help things like the mars rovers etc.
      'oops i've lost a wheel, now, whats the best way to get over there with a broken leg...' type stuff.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
        Snazzy. Pretty soon humans will be obsolete.
        And what use have humans now? We can't be "obsolete" because we aren't tools.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You're not gods tool?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
            You're not gods tool?
            if so than the adaptive things is apt since we seem to be pretty broken. Broken by design?
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
              Broken by design?
              HAHAHA, very good!
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

"Broken by Design", that one is even better than Object-Disoriented Programming!

Thx.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  I know that and you know that, but what's important is: do CEOs know that?

Comment

Originally posted by az
                    I know some people who are tools. Carson Daly of ex-MTV fame, he's a big tool.

I don't know if you guys have that slang over in your parts.

Several years ago the guy who created the game Creatures, made a little baby robot that learned. Don't remember what ever happend to that, but it got decent attention back then.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                    X