Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrileHead2Go will have DVI version apparently

According to Tom's Hardware.

We spoke with Matrox about the analog implementation. The firm decided on starting with analog first as there was a wider installed base of CRTs and LCD with analog input. As DVI becomes more prevalent we can see a dual-link DVI version being produced.
    OK, so it doesn't say triplehead, but I don't see why not?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Not so sure about a triplehead dvi but a dual link dvi & a dualhead dvi should be out once the TH2Go starts to ship.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the heads up
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
        Not so sure about a triplehead dvi but a dual link dvi & a dualhead dvi should be out once the TH2Go starts to ship.
        Euhm, what is the difference between dual link dvi and dual head dvi?

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
          Euhm, what is the difference between dual link dvi and dual head dvi?

Jörg
          The Dual Link will convert an analogue connector to a Dual Link. It's probably for laptops that have an aux analogue plug that you would want to plug into 30" LCD panel.

the dual head dvi would probably be the same as the dual head 2 go but with DVI connectors.
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Yep,

the dual link will be aimed for using a laptop with the Apple Cinema & the Dell Ultrasharp 30" displays.

Comment

Thanks...
              I must be missing something, but what would be the point...?

Dual link would require that the laptop can address the resolution of such displays. But if it can address that resolution, why can't it be connected to them without such a dual link box?

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

The laptops in question have single link outputs with a max Pclock of 165Mhz as per specs. So they will never be able to support those large modes.

The dual link 2 go will simply convert the SL output to a DL output.

Comment

Ha, ok...
                  Thanks!

I'm just suprised that they'd be able to support the resolution needed to address those large modes using an SL output...

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Actually, the laptops are not supporting the DL res. The laptop still sends out the SL link res to the DL2Go and in turn, the DL2Go will send out the DL res. As far as the laptop is concerned, it's still sending our an SL res.

Comment

Hello Haig,

Are saying that the DL-DualHead2Go will upscale the resolution/image in some way, so that the image fills the whole area of 30" display?

Comment

Hi Mikko,

last that I can remember, there was going to be some kind of conversion within the DL box itself to get the large res but there wasn't any mention of upscaling, stretching, zooming, etc.

Comment

OK, thanks for info.

Comment

Hmm I'm guessing since Matrox are giving away a decent amount of their remaining useful features in these 2go devices then that is probably their entire home / office desktop strategy. Or are they reserving triple dvi for that dreamed-of DX10 device?

Comment

Originally posted by Whirl-Secret
                              Hmm I'm guessing since Matrox are giving away a decent amount of their remaining useful features in these 2go devices then that is probably their entire home / office desktop strategy. Or are they reserving triple dvi for that dreamed-of DX10 device?
                              I have mixed feeling about this. I really love DVDMax and all the other common Matrox features, such as Matrox Zoom etc. On the other hand, I would like to have the best possible performance for Surround Gaming, all the time. Matrox's product cycles are known to be very long and while this could be a positive thing in the corporate markets, it surely isn't true from a gamers point of view...

So, I think Matrox has made a very wise decision with the TripleHead2Go. It allows you to upgrade your graphics card any time you want and you can still enjoy the Surround Gaming.

I really hope that it's technically possible to make the "Dual-Link DVI -> TripleHeadDVI" version of this product in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X