Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice looking speakers...

Hello,

My parents are planning to redo their living room, and upgrade to a home cinema system. But esp. for speakers, the WAF factor is important (WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor): my mother doesn't like large speakers (apart from the B&O models).

So, any links to nice quality, design speakers?
    I have been looking at Quadral, B&W, Kef, Bose, ... But so far not much to her liking.
    (The Pioneer sound projector is too expensive )

Monitor Audio has small speakers that sound fabulous (my brother has a pair of those), so that might be an option...

Would it be possible to run B&O speakers of a non B&O system?
    (I'm not sure where the amplifier is in B&O speakers, I think it is in the speakers)

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 4 May 2006, 05:49.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Floor standing or stand mount?
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I personally feel that floor standing speakers can best blend in the surroundings, but my mother disagrees..

So: either nice floor standing, or small (so they don't stand out).

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

B&O is too expensive for the quality, kinda like Bose.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What about something like these?

Naim Audio designs & manufactures some of the finest high-end audio systems available in the world. Crafted for pure musical performance. Discover more here.
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Hmm, highly doubtful that she would like those...

I've checked the Monitor Audio site, and they have in-wall systems too:

They seem to get good reviews, so while I'm not entirely convinced it is the best solution, perhaps is it an option as well...
            (the idea for the living room is to have a false wall on which the TV and such will be mounted)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Have you considered the Piano series from Dali? The floor standing speakers of that series don't take up much space.

or perhaps something from System Audio!?
              If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Interesting...

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

She can choose wraps to suit decor. Not sure what they sound like. But a 5.1 set will set you back about 1000gbp.
                  Last edited by Fluff; 15 May 2006, 15:45.

Comment

Nice idea, but I don't think she likes that...

Jörg
                    pixar

Comment

http://www.vivadi.com/ looks really nice. As a complete system.
                      Last edited by Fluff; 20 May 2006, 05:28.

Comment

You and dad just need to get whatever sounds good and let her complain to the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          You and dad just need to get whatever sounds
                          good and let her complain to the hand.

Jörg
                          pixar

Comment

I just came across this new Quadral range:
                            Entdecken Sie maximale Klangtiefe in exklusivem Design. Lautsprecher, Smart-Home und Hifi-Elektronik, Chromium Aurum, Qube und Signum

They look nice (quite unobtrosive: only 6.5 cm deep). And if they sound anything like my Quadrals (Argent 70)...

So perhaps we can convice her for this model, or maybe for the neutral looking Monitor Audio...

Ah well, I guess she'll have to see them in real life...

Jörg
                            Last edited by VJ; 22 May 2006, 02:08.
                            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                              You and dad just need to get whatever sounds good and let her complain to the hand.

Famous last words before the coroner arrives
                              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X