Han Shot First!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Han Shot First!!!

Explore Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with videos, a plot synopsis, and pictures.

In a surprise announcement, Geroge Lucas bent to fan pressure and is releasing the original, unaltered, unmastered Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. The disc will be part of a 2-disc set. One disc with the "remastered" movie, and one with the original unaltered movie.

Time to break the piggy banks and start counting the pennies...

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly I already bought the widescreen box set of the Trilogy. Still to have the original without all the blecha is worth some green.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Sweet.. but you know he waited until most people had bought the other one. Once a hippie, now a money grubber like the rest.

Comment

Worse than the rest, I'd say.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hmmm. I might actually buy these. I never bought the others.

Comment

I have the originals on VHS, so this is definitely something I'd purchase. Too bad we couldn't have a version with the good changes and without the bad...
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I shall stay strong in my resolve not to buy any of them on DVD until I can get all six films, with these new versions of the original trilogy, in a boxset.

Although no doubt this time next year we'll be wanting the 'mildly improved' versions of the new trilogy. Damn their cynical manipulation of our Star Wars desires!

Uberlad
              -------------------------
              8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
              5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

I already have all the original versions on CAV Laserdisc.. I think I'll wait for the Blu-Ray.

Comment

"Bent to fan pressure" my ass. He is one shrewd (if somewhat predictable) marketer.

Kevin

Comment

I did the rent/burn on the special edition set. I may actually buy this set.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                    X