replacing g400/rrg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing g400/rrg

I am going to replace my Matrox stuff with something that works (well) in win2k.

To replace the G400 DH, i'm thinking the V7100 GEFORCE2 MX. Anyone have any experience with the twinview in Win2k? Something similiar to the G400 dh, but allows to adjust the second monitor properly?

To replace the RR/G, I don't know .. I need something that will let me watch TV, record TV, edit commercials out, and then compress them. Capturing from my VHS would be nice too. I am not a video guy, it's just to use as a digital vcr for Tv.. Best bet here? (keep in mind I'd like it to work fully in win2k). The Pinnacle Systems PCTV Studio thing, is that a viable option ?

I'm sure i'm not the only one here...

coolfish

Using the 5.52 PowerDesk drivers, I can adjust both displays no problem under Win2K. Downside is that the beta video tools work even less than they did before.

I have decided that in replacing my G400/RR-G combo, I'm trying to hold on to the G400. The nicest looking alternative I've come across so far is the WinTV Theater. Several other members of this forum apparently have experiences with this card, so at least I know where there are people to get advice from.

John

Comment

I might be a bit out on thin ice here but as far as I've learned the DH functionality of the G400 and G450 cards are a lot better than similar offerings from nVidia and ATI. After all that is the only selling point of the G450 so it better But only the Matrox cards offer true DH functionality in W2k all the others are restricted to same resolution and same refresh.
      Though this might simply be Matrox propaganda Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong...

Cobos

------------------
      If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!
      If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Comment

well i'd be fine with that.. both my monitors can handle 90hz at 1280x1056 each.. but will they have things popping up in the middle? dialog boxes and whatnot? and etc.

thanks for the tip about the wintv, i'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X