Return of MOVIE TRAILER MADNESS!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of MOVIE TRAILER MADNESS!!!!!

With the aproaching summer movie season, I figure I'd throw out a quick movie trailer madness post.

Miami Vice - Yes, yet another 80's remake, mullet cut and the works. Starting Jamie Foxx and Collin Farell. Fortunately it looks like they aren't keeping the cheese of the 80's, but making it more of a "Rated R" action remake. Directed by Michael "I am the" Mann. Looks like it might not suck.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

X-men: The Last Stand - This has been posted before on MURC, but it looks so cool I'm going to triple post it.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Mission: Impossible III - Tom Cruise picks up Alias and Lost creator J.J. Abrams to helm the third installment in an attempt to revive his tumoltuous carreer after the Scientology/Katie Holmes/"I am a nutjob" debacle. With Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the bad guy, and a J.J. at the helm (Alis was great when he was still in charge, and Lost is still a huge hit), it has a chance to bring Tom's carreer back on track and entertain a few hundred million people in the process.

Cars - Despite Disney pushing back the relase for Cars (whether due to Chicken Little's release, or because the film was not complete I have never learned), Cars is slated for a summer release. This will be Pixar's first test in the summer market competition. The new trailer shows promise that Pixar will keep their momentum going.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/ (Trailer 1 is the newest)

A Scanner Darkly - Yet another Phillip K. Dick movie adaptation. I don't know how to feel about this one, but it look intriging at the least. An odd mix of live action and "trippy" animation that takes place in a "Big Brother" 1984 type world starring Keanu "Whoa" Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., Winona Ryder and Woody Harrelson.

Roving Mars - A documentary about the Mars Rovers. Yeah!

Over the Hedge - Yet another CG movie with a plethora of famous voices. Look cute, and possibly pretty funny.

Poseidon - Ah, what's the summer movie season without a tragic thriller. Posideidon is about a cruise ship that gets knock upsidedown by a tidal wave ... let the mayhem ensue. Staring Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, Emmy Rossum, Jacinda Barrett, Mike Vogel. I wasn't very sure if this was going to be any good, but the more they show of it the more promise it has. This could almost be a sleeper hit if it wasn't pimped so much.

United 93 is out, but it's been getting such great reviews that I couldn't resist.

Hoot - The summer feel good teen movie, with strong and very obvious anti-expansion and pro-environmental overtones.

Happy Feet - WTF?

...and that's all for today.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

"A Scanner Darkly"'s look is too cool. It was animated with Rotoshop, a program created by Flat Black Films Bob Sabiston and uses a method called "interpolated rotoscoping". You may have seen it uses in recent commercials and the film "Waking Life".

Wired article....

Flat Black Films....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X