Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys Oy : Oy Boy Buy .....

ATI acquires Bitboys Oy, a leading developer of mobile graphics technology

MARKHAM, ONTARIO, May 2, 2006 (CCNMatthews via COMTEX News Network) -- ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY)(NASDAQ:ATYT) has acquired privately held Bitboys Oy, a 15-year veteran of the graphics industry for up to EUR 35.2 million (about US$44 million). The final value is subject to certain performance-related conditions. Bitboys brings valuable engineering experience, technology and customer relationships that enhance ATI's existing mobile phone multimedia offerings. Based in Finland, the Bitboys team will be fully integrated in to ATI's Handheld Business Unit, and form the nucleus for a key design centre for ATI in Europe.
    http://ir.ati.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=10...313&highlight=

no comment ...
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

ATi needs to compete with nVidia, who has started dabbling in the mobile graphics market. And since Bitboys Oy atually has a good working mobile graphic solution, I guess it makes sense.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      ATi needs to compete with nVidia, who has started dabbling in the mobile graphics market. And since Bitboys Oy atually has a good working mobile graphic solution, I guess it makes sense.
      [daffy duck talk on]
      naah...
      Bitboys for real?? come on... what they have done? except given to Nappe1 some mock up chips and st... st.. stuff?
      [daffy duck talk off]

"Dippadai"

Comment

They supply the majority of the mobile graphics processors for Nokkia.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
          They supply the majority of the mobile graphics processors for Nokkia.

Ah thats why my Nokis Phone is crap then.

I guess ATI won't be producing any new mobile devices anytime soon.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

So... Matrox is next then, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by magician
              So... Matrox is next then, huh?
              Sure ATI needs all the 3 engineers left at matrox and the person who write drivers! :P
              NocturnDragon

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnDragon
                Sure ATI needs all the 3 engineers left at matrox and the person who write drivers! :P
                ROTFLMAO
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnDragon

Those three engineers throw a ball to each other in a circle and the software guy in the middle tries to catch it. That's Surround Gaming!

Comment

HAHAHA, awesome!
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

more like sad

Comment

Working...
                      X