Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wondered how long it would take...

A SD memory card that also hosts wifi:
    Sure, there are digital cameras with WiFi capability, letting you send your photos directly to the mothership with no muss or fuss, but now Eye-Fi has found a way to retrofit anything using a flash memory device for WiFi goodness, where its Eye-Film WiFi-equipped 1GB flash memory card will sell for about the same…

It basically adds wifi to device that don't support it natively (digital cameras, ...).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

very cool.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

These have been around for a while haven't they? A colleague of mine has one for his PDA.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

What has been around are combo cards that combine storage with wifi. But as I understand it, this card only presents itself as storage (a digital camera has no drivers to address wifi cards). I suspect it transfers automatically to a network drive or so.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Ah! Sorry didn't realise that bit... could prove rather useful in certain circumstances then... sort of like the tardis of SD cards as long as you are in range of a network
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
          X