Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G400 and Windows 2000 - where now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 and Windows 2000 - where now?

I've been wanting to use my Marvel G400 to capture a load of my VHS PAL tapes in Windows 2000. I thought I was being wise to wait until after the and of May when I thought things would become a little easier to understand! - Now I'm more confused.

I know about DivX and now there's openDivX, and it looks like Microsoft have gone more public with MPEG4 and there are the old complications of buggy compression at higher bitrates of MP3 vs WMA and now AVI vs ASF!

I don't pretend to care about who's format I use - as long as the codecs will generally be available in the future.

Windows Media Encoder 7.1 looks simple enough for me but it doesn't even seem to support the marvel. I've been learning to use Virtual Dub and it looks like what I need.

There are loads of versions of Drivers and Vid Tools for Windows 2000 with some of the versions for other cards working better than those intended for the G400 Marvel.

My head is all messed up!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
    There are loads of versions of Drivers and Vid Tools for Windows 2000 with some of the versions for other cards working better than those intended for the G400 Marvel.

</font>
    Which drivers/versions/video tools/cards?
    Cards?
    Maybe we can use other drivers?

Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X