X1300 Agp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X1300 Agp

There is a rumour going around work that they might actually give us a bonus this year and am already spending it in my mind.

I have lots of good things about the video performance of the X1000 series and would like to replace the 9550 in my HTPC with an X1300 to take advantage of them.

Plenty of companies are making passively cooled PCI-E X1300's but I have not yet seen any AGP ones that lack a fan. Am I just going to have to suck it up and put up with a fan running very slowly on it ( I hardly ever game with the HTPC) or have people seen one in the wild?

then we get to the thorny problems of AGP models costing more than PCI-E

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Quick update and a question for anyone who's interested...

I ended up getting a HiS X1300 ICEQ Turbo with an Arctic Cooling 2 slot cooler pre-mounted. It seems nice and quiet and adds some much needed airflow to my Antec Aria case.

So now I have the 'wonder' of AVIVO! My question now becomes do I need to get some kind of special DVD decoder to take advantage of this new wonder or is the nVidia decoder I'm using at the moment still going to cut it?

Also if anyone has found the Intervideo H.264 decoder that all the AVIVO reviews mentioned and could point me towards it I'd be mighty grateful.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Working...
    X