Dell Canada deals again - 20" LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Canada deals again - 20" LCD

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

*Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 19" Flat Panel LCD w/Height Adjusting Stand - $269
    *Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20" Flat Panel LCD w/Height Adjusting Stand - $399
    *Dell 23" HD LCD TV + Sanyo DVD Player Bundle - $699
    *Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD Flat Panel Desk Mount Arm - $69
    *Cowon America, Inc iAUDIO A2 - Digital AV player - HD 20 GB - $399
    *Targus Urban Top Load Case - Notebook carrying case - black, orange - $39

Seems an awfully good price for the 20" LCD
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Now I just need my old 19" CRT to die within the next 14.5 hours. What are the chances?

Although, I think I would prefer the widescreen.....
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
      Now I just need my old 19" CRT to die within the next 14.5 hours. What are the chances?

Although, I think I would prefer the widescreen.....
      Accidents can happen pretty quickly, especially if your monitor is the goalie and your playing hockey.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I have a quick question re the Del widescreen monitors, assuming all the Del users will read this thread.

If I buy a widescreen LCD what happens when I run a game that only supports say 1280 * 1024, does this image get stretched or do I get black borders at the side.

I want a monitor that displays 1 for 1, my laptop stretches everything which isn't suitable for games.

22 posts until Super - only taken me 6 years

Comment

AFAIK when using DVI, interpolation behaviour is controlled by the graphics card drivers (and capabilities?).
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I have my 2005fpw hooked up via DVI. The monitor itself has stretch options in its menu: "Fill", "Aspect", "1:1". The 1:1 is no-stretch. I think these settings are configurable for each input resolution, but I'm not sure. The monitor defaults to "fill," but I now seem to have it set to Aspect for some things and 1:1 on others, on purpose.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Cheers guys, guess I will be buying a 2005fpw, shame they are nearly £400 over here, with the current 25% discount.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                Cheers guys, guess I will be buying a 2005fpw, shame they are nearly £400 over here, with the current 25% discount.
                Seems like you should wait a little. The 2005fpw is being replaced with the 2007fpw, which can already be bought here. The old model should go on closeout or something.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                  Don't know how you feel about buying from ebay but if your willing to then you can get all the great deals dell do in the USA shipped to the UK if you look for a seller willing to ship here.
                  I just bought a 2007FP (not wide) for $360 + $110 post, should come to £270 delivered. Just to contrast dell UK are charging £410 delivered for the old 2001FP and thats with 25% off!!!

I always buy my screens from dell now, and I always buy them from someone in the USA who can ship them to me. This will be my 7th and never had a problem so far with any of them (touch wood)
                  is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                  Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Cheers for the idea borat, I think I'll do that.

Comment

What's with the 115 Volts thing?

Comment

Usually electronics ship with switch mode powersupplies, which accept anywhere from 90 to 240V

Comment

Yes tjalfe is correct, the AC adapter can handle any input from 90 -240 volts, the only thing you need is a pin adapter to take the US plug to a UK plug.

dbdg - You need to bear in mind that you may have to pay customs duty/VAT on the screen when it gets to the UK, I stress the MAY, send me a pm and i'll give you details on this.
                          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                            Usually electronics ship with switch mode powersupplies, which accept anywhere from 90 to 240V
                            A switch mode/switching power supply is not the same as an internationally compatible power supply. Switching mode power supplies just work differently than traditional transformers with their large iron core wound coils, thus being smaller, lighter, cheaper and potentially, but not necessarily, more flexible.

Comment

Ususally they are alot more flexible. I have yet to find an electronic device, whch uses a switchmode supply, which does not allow for a wide input voltage range.

Comment

Working...
                              X