Cheats and Online gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheats and Online gaming

I wonder why they do it. They're easy to spot. It normally takes twenty head shots to kill them and they win by about 20 kills more than the next person.

I remember one game the server crashed locking most other players out me and this other kid got back in. I killed striaght him away after that couldn't kill him. After 15 kills on the trot I just stood there and let him shoot me. Strangely when the normal crew came back on I suddenly could kill him again. Cheat mode off eh?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sadly cheating exists in all multiplayer online computer games. I've been an administrator of a public ET server for 1 year. I personally catched 24 cheaters , punkbuster (anti-cheat tool for quake based games) catched another 33 cheaters. Luckily quake based games have good anticheat protection punkbuster, etpro, md5checks, etc .

I guess most cheaters are just new to the game (at least most behave very childish ), and out of frustration from being beaten and wanting to win they resort to methods that will give them a decidedly uneven advantage. But sadly it also leads to false accusations of good players .

My advice is to always play on a regular server with good server admins and cheating will be minimal and you can enjoy a cheat free game online .
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

The only time I cheat is when I'm offline and want to have a look around.
      Played farcry and gave myself all weapons then just sniped all the bad guys. The games made for sniping surprised I never found a mod for it.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Chrono,
        A lot of people cheat because they enjoy pissing other people off. It's not about a high score as much as it is some perverse enjoyment of ruining other people's gaming experience.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Online cheats were responsible for breaking my online Day of Defeat / Team Fortress Classic addiction.
          I used to play until I got annoyed, and over the years the "FFS!" threshold decreased to about 15 minutes of gameplay. If it wasnt people cheating or exploiting bugs, it was people playing lamely (respawn camping, teamkilling, uneven teams) or even just going on a public noob server and finding half a dozen clan members using it to practice tactics and slaughtering everyone else.
          I actually got kicked off one server for "Spectating". I was in spectator mode watching a guy who I was sure had a wallhack, who turned out to be one of the moderators.
          I got banned from a PC Zone noob server for getting a lucky headshot on a guy who decided to conc-jump out of the pit in stage 2 Dustbowl. It was specifically marked Noob server, and this guy took off like the Saturn 5, twice. Noob? I think not. I got him the second time, then got banned by an unmarked admin...
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I've seen Cheats on Chessbase playchess.com. Quite funny watching the message come up. XXXX has disqualified for using Fritz. How they know fritz is being used I don't know. I've seen two players playing each other and the computers must have been doing the opening for them as there was no way you enter a move that quick. The move entry was as fast as a computer playing itself.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I use to love playing people cheating non-electronically. It was fun to kick their butts anyway in "Sin City", "Quake" and "Subspace".

Comment

I always used to get banned from C&C.
                I had a foolproof strategy that would wipe out an apponent in minutes.

I used to pick NOD and use the stealth tanks that you get straight away to go hunting for crates. I'd put one tank in the middle of thier base and the rest would just go hunting for the freebies. Afte ~10mins of play, id have the whole map explored, a nuke and a ion cannon AND i'd know the exact location of thier construction yard.

Happy days
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X