Thunder over Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder over Louisville

its that time of year again. and can i just say now that i work in louisville... closing the second street bridge 3 days before a fireworks event is ****ing murder. its taken me the last few days 2 hours each night just to get out of louisville into indiana. ridiculous. if this city doesnt start the contstruction of its new bridges soon i'm never coming back.
    heres the info if anyone wants to watch.

www.lizziemorrison.com

this is the view i have from my brothers pad though.. should be able to get some good pictures.

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

My kids and I love fireworks, especially the ones to music.
      Can't wait to see your wonderful pics

Comment

Love the thunder. Been a few years since I've been anywhere near to see it, but it's not the largest for nothing. Sucks about the drive back though. Use to have that same problem on certain weekends when I worked in Clearwater and had to drive back to Tampa.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

well just got back.

didnt get to use the tripod, no room for it up there. and besides my niece bumping my shoulder every 5 seconds they didnt turn out too bad.

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

very pretty liz. One of these days I'm going to have to pick your brain for photog tips
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

here was the view from where i was standing.. next time i'm in town i'm going to try to get a spot on a boat on the indiana side so i have louisville in the back ground.

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

the blue angels
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Go Navy!

Do miss the airshows I grew up with, and that one was always one of the best, though I only got a chance to see it three times in my thus far 27 years.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Air show and fireworks??? Since when?
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

if anyone knows how to take awesome pictures ..wait scratch that.. decent pictures at a balloon glow i would like to learn.
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

this is about the best i got out of an hours worth of pictures. i was expecting this to be easier.

You have an hour to take pictures. 35 minutes after you fight the crowd to get in. the balloons glow on and off, then every 10 minutes they glow together. i used every setting on my camera possible. to bad theres not a preset for balloon glows. oh yea the balloons sway with the wind.

I was going to spend the night in louisville and get up at 4am and take pictures of them setting off for the balloon race. but none of my siblings called me back to i just went straight home afterward.
                          Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 29 April 2006, 09:02.
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                            Air show and fireworks??? Since when?
                            Its all the events leading up to the Kentucky Derby
                            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

haha glad i didnt wake up at 4am

MORE STORIES
                              • Balloon race canceled because of weather, may take place later - Updated 7:49 AM
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X