Camcorder DVD -R burning problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder DVD -R burning problems

One of my buddies asked me to make him a copy of oen of his camcorder disks. I said sure, no problem. I took it home and haven't been able to get it to work. This is what happens. I start the burn process with Nero and after some time I get unrecoverable read errors from the source disk. Now, I can play the videos off of the source disk all day long with no propblems, but it won't read the disk properly. Is there some kind of something I'm missing? encryption? I doubt it, but I am really a novice when it comes to burning DVDs. I tried telling Nero to ignore errors and copy no matter what but I lack knowledge of Nero as well. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I have had that kind of thing happen before.
    Try ripping with a different DVD reader.
    We have a DVD of the kids that I copy to keep safe and for some reason my new LG drive throws CRC errors while trying to rip it, but my old Pioneer 104s does not.
    Other DVDs are the other way around.
    They all play fine in both drives.
    My guess is that small errors are not handled they same way when playing as when reading as data.

As a last resort, I think ISO Buster can be set to ignore CRC errors.
    And maybe replace the lost data with zeros or something (it's been a while)
    Last edited by cjolley; 21 April 2006, 03:42.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks for the info, Chuck. I do have two DVD burners in my system. They are both Plextor drives. One is IDE the other is SATA. I've been using the SATA as the source. I'll switch it around and see what happens. Thanks!
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

NP.
        Also, try washing the disk with dish soap.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I don't remember exactly everything about it but this has something to do with either the format of the disc used by the camcorder (FAT32?), or because the drive in the camcorder is DVD-RAM type, or both at the same time.

If you post this in Desktop Video Forum, you should get a better explanation for this, DOC could explain it better too.

A.
          Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I should mention that the source disk is a DVD -R 1.4GB.

Comment

You can read some more here:

and here:

That's all I can recall right now.
              A.
              Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
              X