RAID 5 with Matrox RT.X100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID 5 with Matrox RT.X100

I want to get a new computer built for both Video Editing as well as ordinary Digital Photography and plan to use a Coolermaster Stacker RC810 Server case due to the number of hard discs to be included.

My question is will a SATA 3Gbs RAID5 configuration for the EIGHT 250Gb 7200rpm hard discs be 100% compatible with the Matrox RT.X100 card? The Windows XP Pro OS would be on a separate PATA (EIDE) 7200rpm hard disc.

If anyone has got a similar setup, I would welcome details of the mobo and other hardware they have used.

Brian

Hi,
    I have a raid-o on a pci card, as well as a system drive and a export drive. The matrox works fine with a raid. I think Dr Mordrisd has a raid-5. He is very good. He's helped me with problems in the past. I had no problems with my raid, but it took 5 sound card to find one that worked. With 8 drives, make sure you have a very good power supply.
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

When I was spec'ing a system for a friend Haig got me in touch with a guy in RT.x support for advice.

He told me that RAID 0 is preferred over RAID 5.

I can't tell you any more because my friend's boss ended up telling him to get a Mac G5 with Final Cut Pro.

Also, The Matrox RT.x forums have a place where you can submit a system spec to be reviewed by the support team. There's no registration required to post in that area. Otherwise, you'd need to already own and RT.x card to post in those forums.
      Last edited by schmosef; 18 April 2006, 22:13. Reason: typo and a little more info
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
      X