Matrox Annouces Two New Products!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Annouces Two New Products!!!

Matrox Announces Matrox RT.X2 Professional Realtime Native HDV and DV Editing Platform

&

Matrox Announces Matrox MXO Portable Broadcast-Quality Audio/Video Output Adapter for the Mac

Anybody here been on the beta? I'm wondering how good the new RT card is.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

you are talking to him

But still under NDA in terms of how the beta is going, but think of this card as the yongest sibling of the AXIO family.
      And the AXIO proved itself to be a strong contender in the NLE world in less than a year

I will provide more information shortly

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Looks good, wonder how many parhelia cores they still have left in factory as I assume these will be doing the effects.

What's the difference between HD and HDV?

Comment

Well, in theory HD is 1280x768 or 1920x1080 (this are the REAL HD resolutions).
          HDV is a 1440x1080 resolution upscaled to 1920x1080.
          I have tested SONY FX1 HDTV and it records 1440x1080 on tape, but the CCDs are smaller!!! The machine upscale to 1440x1080 and then upscale to 1920x1080 if you want to see it on a HD monitor.
          They play with pixel aspect ratio to full the screen (the same trick as DV in panoramic format because it records the same number of pixels in 4:3 and in 16:9, 720x576).

There is a lot of confussion. This in only the begining.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
            Looks good, wonder how many parhelia cores they still have left in factory as I assume these will be doing the effects.

What's the difference between HD and HDV?

This card has nothing to do with Parhelia, in fact like the AXIO LE, it uses the GPU of your video card to process 3D effects.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Mikele,

Your post seems to imply that HDV 1080i is not "real" HD yet you say 1280x720 is real HD? 720p is actually less pixels than HDV 1080i.

Yes, HDV 1080i is anamorphic but there is more going on than simply upscaling. The Sony FX1 and Z1 both employ 3 - 1/3" CCDs so I guess they are smaller than cams with 1/2" CCDs but they are bigger than cams with 1/6" CCDs. 1/3" CCDs are pretty standard for semi-professional cameras these days I think.

I'm no fan of interlaced formats and prefer 720p over any interlaced format. I just wanted to provide a different perspective on HDV.

- Mark
              - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Nor!!!! You are right. I don't explain it very well.

HD is 1024x768 and 1920x1080 in Progresive and intelaced mode. Both are HD.
                SD (Standard Mode) is 720x576, Interlaced or Progressive.

Every format have pros and cons. For editing, is better Progressive. But for broadcasting, is better Interlaced.
                HD in 1920x1080 in progessive mode is very hard to broadcast if you want a similar quality to 1920x1080 in Interlaced mode.

In brief: interlaced is a good compromise: good quality and easy to broadcast.
                But the best quality of all HD is 1920x1080 at 60p.

The Sony FX1, I think, has 960x1080 pixels CCD, or something similar. This is a very rare CCD because it records 1440x1080 on tape and can play it on a HD TV, at 1920x1080 50i. There is a lot of internal (and external) conversion to upscale native resolution to final resolution. I think this machine is a "beta" cam.

Comment

Yes, 1920/60p is the "Holy Grail" of HD formats!

You are right on the FX1 CCD specs. Although I don't really like the interlaced format there's no denying they create some fantastic images.

- Mark
                  - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
                  X