Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerds make better lovers

Something we probabely already know...

And, she insists that a woman who is willing to stick it out with a nerd and get past his quirks will be handsomely rewarded. "Don't give up on him too fast," she said. "If you stick with him, he's going to turn out to be really great."
    But when in doubt: there is hope for us!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

You forgot one thing in this equation, money
    Someone should go dig up that (Paralel) Ladder Theory

Comment

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html this?
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

yup, and this in particular:

If you've read through the "Nerds make better lovers" article, most of the examples are of successfull actors, sportsmen, fashion designers etc. "geeks".
        As for the author of the book, what was her initial motivation for this type of relations ? A social study that turned out to be pleasent ? Life experience filtered by what she does (sociology) ? How many "real-life" women will go for a geek without money ?

If you want a conclusion, maybe we should all date sociologists and shrinks. On the other side it has the great potential of beeing manipulated anyway.

Comment

If you are a geek, your best bet is to act like an ass hole with a big fat attitude. Many women seem to find that fascinating and will want to "tame" you. Think Michael Bolton in Office Space, but with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            If you are a geek, your best bet is to act like an ass hole with a big fat attitude. Many women seem to find that fascinating and will want to "tame" you. Think Michael Bolton in Office Space, but with confidence.
            Reminds me of that famous play by Shakespeare: "The Taming Of The ****ole", LOL
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              But when in doubt: there is hope for us!

wat do you mean by "us"????????

Comment

The geeks in here that are not completely beyond salvation. Sorry Guchi, you just happen to bum out.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sure, this works good for the first few weeks or months. Then you spiral downward into a destructive relationship from hell.

Oh and change out the word "tame" with "control".
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Wow, sure sounds like somebody's got a chip on their shoulder.

I hope we've learned not to take KvH seriously on this stuff. There are plenty of tactics that work quite nicely, without making you out to be an ****ole.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      I hope we've learned not to take KvH seriously on this stuff. There are plenty of tactics that work quite nicely, without making you out to be an ****ole.
                      I've been taking anything KVH says on women and relationships for granted. Are you saying that is why I am in a divorce now??

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                        Hmm... I guess mentioning "I'm a private pilot" might compensate for my geekish tendencies...

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                        wat do you mean by "us"????????
                        It is not my fault you felt spoken to by that sentence...

Jörg
                        pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                          Hmm... I guess mentioning "I'm a private pilot" might compensate for my geekish tendencies...

Jörg
                          The best way to lose a girl's attention is to talk technology, unless you find a technology inclined girl. People are intimidated by things they don't understand and feel inferior around those who do, but not always and not everyone.

The whole private pilot scheme seems like a good bet to me.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                            The best way to lose a girl's attention is to talk technology,
                            Yep.
                            Originally posted by ZokesPro
                            unless you find a technology inclined girl.
                            Do such girls exist?
                            The whole private pilot scheme seems like a good bet to me.
                            Well, I don't think it could hurt...
                            Allthough, most pilots my age in the club are single... Perhaps there is something flawed in our reasoning...

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                              Do such girls exist?
                              They do, but the cute ones are all taken.
                              Originally posted by VJ
                              Well, I don't think it could hurt...
                              Allthough, most pilots my age in the club are single... Perhaps there is something flawed in our reasoning...

Jörg
                              Or maybe it's cause they all go to the same club? Maybe it's a 'pilot's only' club?.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X