Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run j2me software on PC

Hello,

Simple question: what is the easiest way to run j2me software (.jar + .jad file) on a PC?

I'd like to use some midlet on a desktop, so I would prefer the screen to be bigger than a mobile screen. I'm guessing some Palm emulator would provide the most advanced interface?
    Or is there a way to run it natively on XP?

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 13 April 2006, 02:03.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

IBM Websphere Everyplace Micro Environment Evaluation Runtime:

You can get J2ME emulators for Palm, Windows Mobile/PocketPC, Linux and Windows XP. This is what I use to run Google Local and Opera Mini on my Sprint PPC-6700.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks! I'm downloading it now...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Great, it does the trick!
        My intention is to use it to run Opera Mini on my laptop, when I'm using my mobile's GPRS connection.

I only have 10 MB/month (for 15 Euro) in my subscription, and any traffic over 10 MB is relatively expensive (they don't offer packets to get like 20 MB/month ). Normal browsers generate quite a lot of traffic (even if you disable images, even if you use lynx ); 100 KB is nothing. This way I can see some webinformation while still benefiting from the traffic compression.
        (haven't found any other browser that compresses the data)

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Even better: if you install it on a PC, there is a 5 MB zipfile also installed. This zip-file (unzipped of course) is all one needs to run it.

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X