X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drivers for Marvel G400-TV

Hi,

My take on a 'late May' release means 'end of May.'

Don't want to be a big party-pooper... but given the past, don't get too upset if they don't make it by the end of the month.

I have no inside info on this. I just remember all the broken promises with the NT 4 vid tools, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

John

Comment

Late May? When is this new month? After December?
      Michka
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

New Drivers for Marvel G400-TV

Hi,

Is there going to be updated drivers for the above or not ?

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Hi All,

The drivers I have mentioned are for Windows98 SE. Will there be new drivers for this version or not. I have been under the impression that there has been a promise for updated drivers.

Regards to all,

Debbie

Comment

After all the problems I have had with my G200 Marvel TV I have just about given up on seeing new drivers. There is no reason not to have new working final drivers in over a year. That is just beyond sad.

I have gotten to the point of trying to use VMware on my Win2k system so that I can do simple vid caps from Video and TV as well as my home vids.

I know that I wont buy another Matrox based card again after being a loyal Matrox junkie for 4+ years I wont install them on any new systems I build.

I just want working win2k drivers so that I can have working sound. I don't think that's really asking too much.

And yes I have dealt with Matrox Help Desk :/

-Robert
            Play Paintball
            www.warpig.com

Comment

My best guess is that this is not going to be "just" an update, neither for Win9x nor for Win2k. The VFW API is very much outdated, anything less than Activemovie-compatible drivers would be an anachronism. That is a whole different API, it would involve a complete re-write of the drivers.
              Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Hi,

Have you heard the big news??

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/003345.html

Read and be inspired!!

Regards

Debbie

Comment

I hate being a party pooper, I really do but i have the inside information which I'd like to share with you. Matrox is not going to release Win2k drivers for G200/G400/Rainbow at all. Whatever beta is available right now will remain the best build. All development efforts were ceised due to the ongoing complications. You may chose not to believe me and I wish what I am saying wasn't true, but according to my quite reliable source at Matrox that's the story. Sorry all, I hear your grief and I feel your pain.

Comment

Damn!

Can't we persuade Matrox to release their code for free when they chooses to end the development of the software? Or do they build much of their "new" code based on their old dito so that we then becomes actual competitors to them? But that wouldn't be to any problem either as Matrox makes their money on hardware and not on thems damn beta software...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Admiral Horror:
                    I hate being a party pooper, I really do but i have the inside information which I'd like to share with you. Matrox is not going to release Win2k drivers for G200/G400/Rainbow at all. Whatever beta is available right now will remain the best build. All development efforts were ceised due to the ongoing complications. You may chose not to believe me and I wish what I am saying wasn't true, but according to my quite reliable source at Matrox that's the story. Sorry all, I hear your grief and I feel your pain.</font>
                    General Hummel, Alcatraz, Over and out!

Comment

Hi,

I'm not ready to give up on them... yet...

The Matrox support crew told us Marvel G400 Win2K drivers are going to be released late May. They have 2 days left before I get dissapointed. After that, it's personal ;-{> I installed a GeForce2 (nice TV Out on it) on another machine paired with a WinTV. After a lot of happiness, I can easily do it again.

[This message has been edited by AndrewDV (edited 30 May 2001).]

Comment

The only reason I haven't gone out and bought a new video card (I have a g400 vanilla with 16mb) is I'm waiting on the next gen card - hoping it will have support for the RRG. I run exclusively in win2k and I've eagerly been waiting for the new drivers/software. If they fail to bring out drivers for the RRG, then there is little point in staying with Matrox. I'm sure I can find a suitable alternative for what I want. Its just a pity that I have invested so much money in a card I cannot use (at the moment).
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Heh.. don't hold your breath. RRG hasn't worked with any semi-recent drivers for a while, as I'm sure you are well aware. Seems like Matrox is hanging us out to dry now with their pathetic lack of driver support. Boy I'm glad I didn't get a Marvel.. those guys are getting f'ed.

Comment

Well, as of 9:48 this morning(may 30) The tech support on the official matrox forum is advising people to wait for the new 2000 drivers to fix certain problems.
                            If they were going to dump development, wouldn't they hold off giving that kind of advice?

D

Comment

You won't see anything beyond the G400 support the RR-G.

Comment

Working...
                              X