Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capture played back at wrong rate

Hi

I have captured 30 minutes of video for a friend. It is an old analogue camcorder and I connected composite and audio to my hybrid Compro DVB-T300 tuner. Playback whilst recoding is perfectly fine and recording settings are for DVD PAL_I.

However, when playing back the .mpg file either in its own app or in WMP it is too fast. I'm guessing it is the difference between a 25fps recording being played back at 30fps.

Can anyone please offer advice on either forcing the playback speed, or better yet doing it properly in the first place? I can't see mention of frame rates in the settings for recording but it definitely says PAL.

TIA

Tony.
    FT.

Try the standard PAL signal, type B. Type I is a peculiar UK system with a non-standard pre-emphasis and audio carrier offset. As neither camcorder analogue outputs nor MPEG files require these settings, using type I is really irrelevant. However, are you sure the cam is PAL and not NTSC? If the latter, it will output at a frame rate of 29.97 fps and it's not impossible that it would impose this in the recording.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks Brian. I'll check all of that as soon as I can kick Luke off the PS2 (this is on my HTPC and he loves playing in front of the LCD).
      FT.

Comment

Working...
      X