Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop.matrox.com

For some reason I've looked at it...and oh boy

While I, and as a matter of fact everyone here (it's MAtrox after all), can understand prices for P-series cards, MMS cards, G550 PCIe cards and perhaps even regular G550 (though I honestly don't know who'd buy one for over 100€)...why the heck Matrox still seels things like:
    - Marvel G400 - it isn't even in slighest way supported...which causes price, 125€, to look a bit...high
    - matrox m3D - while the rpice isn't very high (9€), keeping something like that on sale is rather embarrasing...and I think bandwith from displaying info/image of m3D exceeds any future returns from sales, would be cheaper to throw them
    - Mystique video upgrade, while also not very pricey...well, same thing as a bove and in case of G400 Marvel

But wait! I've menaged to find Dula Head upgrade for my G400 16MB SingleHead for only 46€!

Only downside...I can have G400 32MB DualHead for less than 10€...

What's even worse is that the prices exclude VAT (according to text at the top of the page)

Means the G400 is £84.38 + £14.77 = £99.15,

It was a good card.......back in 1999.

Comment

matrox m3D - while the rpice isn't very high (9€), keeping something like that on sale is rather embarrasing...and I think bandwith from displaying info/image of m3D exceeds any future returns from sales, would be cheaper to throw them
      A few months ago, we had a $10 coupon but even at that free price, no one went for it.

Comment

I swear I was never sure if that m3D ever made a difference while I was playing.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
          A few months ago, we had a $10 coupon but even at that free price, no one went for it.
          THEY had. You can say THEY now
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

For me, they are not the best company in the world. I was very upset when the G-200 Marvel was not supported for W2k or, later, W-XP. The crowning point was when they offered a G-450 Marvel to existing G-200 and G-400 Marvel owners at a special discount price. Their special offer was more than I could buy a G-450 Marvel for in any High Street shop What a scam! However, their stupidity weaned me off Marvel for analogue capture and was the reason I bought my Canopus ADVC-100 a number of years ago - and have never looked back since. However, against my better judgement, I bought a G-550 later, because I needed a dual-head device (I had still been using the G-200 purely as a graphics card, in the meanwhile). I could not get it to work on my W2k machine, with constant crashes and restriction to a max res of 800 x 600 at 16 colours I sought support and after numerous e-mails in each direction, with typical delays of a few days per response, I was told the only solution was a complete fresh re-install of Win because the W-98 G-200 Marvel drivers left encrypted residues in the registry which interfered with the W2k G-550 drivers. This provided the answer, after several weeks of wasted time. Matrox? Never again, despite the fact that their products are good, when they work.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
              Haig is back!

I remember all the "Haig for president" posts...

Those where the times. Greets!

~~DukeP~~

Comment

PHP Code:
                THEY hadYou can say THEY now 
                Yes yes yes, I keep forgetting

Comment

love the classics:

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I allways wondered who those 4 were

Comment

At least there's TripleHead2Go now, maybe they're on the right track ?

Comment

Working...
                      X