My laptop has a built in bluetooth model with the following details:
    ALPS Bluetooth Device
    Cambridge Silicon Radio
    firmware version 1168
    HCI version: Bluetooth HCI 1.2
    HCI revision: 0490
    LMP version: Bluetooth LMP 1.2
    LMP Sub version: 0490
    I'm using the supplied drivers (they report as Fujitsu Siemens Computers Bluetooth Software 3.01.900, but look identical to the widcomm drivers I have on my desktop). The local services are:
    Bluetooth Imaging
    Audio Gateway
    Headset
    PIM Synchronization
    Fax
    File Transfer
    Dial-up Networking
    Network Access
    Serial Port
    Does it support the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP); Audio/Video, Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) and Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)?
    (I'm not sure if any of these match with 'Audio Gateway')

Is it a driver limitation (and would using more recent Widcomm drivers) provide this functionality?
    Or is it a hardware limitation?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Forgot to add:
    In Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices, there is a 'Bluetooth Audio' device.

Jörg
    pixar

Comment

Try http://www.heise.de/mobil/bluetooth/db/

It's a database of bluetooth devices with profiles. It's in german, but should be workable - profile names etc. are in english anyway.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, my problem is that I don't know if 'Audio Gateway' matches A2DP...

My laptop is not on the site you mentioned, my desktop's bluetooth dongle is and shows 'Headset AG'; I suspect AG stands for Audio Gateway. So my guess is that it is a different profile...

Would a more recent Widcomm driver set add it, or is hardware related?

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Working...
        X