Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multi-platform clone of Photoshop(linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi-platform clone of Photoshop(linux)

The gimp is all I need, but for the gimpless

multi-platform clone of Photoshop
    eg linux

its probably missing a few critical features but for all you "it must be photshop" people , here you go anyway

Interesting...

I have tried Gimp (and a photoshop-like interface that runs on top of it), but I always seem to be unable to find what I want (I get lost in the interface).

Pixel32 looks interesting though, but unlike Gimp it isn't free...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Not free, they ask you nicely to purchase it if you use it, but they let you download the full version anyway...at least while still in development.

Comment

GIMPshop is probably not bad when it comes to cloning Photoshop...

Comment

I use Paint.NET, but it's only for Winders.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The problem is that for the average user these alternatives work quite well and get the job done, but for those of us who use Photoshop to a greater extent, they all fail to come even close.

Still, it's nice to see more effort going into making Photoshop-like apps that can at least hold their own in particular areas.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Still...most of the people who use Photoshop could do as well with for examle GIMPshop (or plain GIMP if they're starting with it? - it seems to me the interface isn't particularly bad, just alien). Same with, for example, Word (nobody ever gave me .doc document looking better than would be possible with .rtf & Wordpad)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                The problem is that for the average user these alternatives work quite well and get the job done, but for those of us who use Photoshop to a greater extent, they all fail to come even close.

Still, it's nice to see more effort going into making Photoshop-like apps that can at least hold their own in particular areas.
                Check out who uses Cinepaint: a now heavily modified GIMP that was developed for film studios.
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Yeah, used Cinepaint before. Stand by what I said.
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                  X