Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: OS error 32

I am having one which is annoying.
    [quote]Unable to open physical file "path#PRI.MDF". Operating system error 32: "32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)".

This is when I try to connect through ADODB from VBA in Excel. SQL Server management Studio can access the file though.

Is there ANY way I can discover which process, according to XP, is using the file? All apps, files etc are local on my machine. HELP!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

HI Umf

There's a utility that shows what you want. Search murc for it as it has been mentioned before. Sorry, I don't recall the name.

T.
    FT.

Comment

I think this may be it:

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Thx guys. It was the SQL Server Management Studio and/or SQL Server as I had not set the auto lock off or some such property to true. Apparantly, that lock remains after power downs as well...
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X