"Safe" copy tool? (Copy and compare)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Safe" copy tool? (Copy and compare)

Is there a tool that allows me to copy data off my DVD-RWs that makes sure the copied data is correct (kinda like EAC does with audio CDs)?

Or can I just assume it to be?

I backed up files to DVD-RW (and +RW), and now I want to bring some order into the chaos, so I'll copy collections of files to HD and burn them again.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I think you can assume so...EAC exists because playing audio CD is different than playing data CD (when listening to audio continuity of playback is more important than few missing bits here and there)

You can always put md5 checkums on the DVD with the files just to be sure... (and I seem to remember there is some automated way od doing this, which also can calculate missing parts, if there isn't too many of them)

Comment

Wouldn't SyncToy do? I've seen this somewhere, maybe even here a while back.

You may have to format RW so it acts like a regular drive ..... .
      Andy.
      Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I guess you mean "verify" kind of thing, there is always fc at the command prompt if you have to be absolutly sure, can't think of any windows file tools off hand with that functionality

The md5 would be quite reasonable, I do have a neat windwos tool for finding md5's and various other crcs at home.
        Last edited by Marshmallowman; 3 April 2006, 17:50.

Comment

DVDisaster

Core 2 Duo@2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, running SuSE11.2
          G550 at work, G400 and Mystique collecting dust

Comment

Working...
          X