Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How alternative browsers usage looks in your place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How alternative browsers usage looks in your place?

Or...can you beat those numbers?

Data from end of March for PL:
    IE – 73,2%
    Gecko – 19,5%
    Opera – 6,8%

IE = 58%
    Geko = 40%

The rest not a lot.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

From your weather page, I assume?

I've mean more stats for country...hard to find sometimes if you're not native to the place.

Comment

For me personally, IE is the alternative browser
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Can't give you UK specifics but for my site http://www.galleryof3d.com the breakdown is as follows

IE: 70%
          Firefox: 21%
          Opera: 6%

Of the Firefox users only 60% are running 1.5, for IE 97% are running version 6.

Comment

I run IE7 beta
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

oh c'mon dbdg, I gave PL specific (and was quite easy actually...polish Wikipedia has all info & links...of course the fact that there's no UK Wikipedia can be problematic )

Comment

How accurate are those stats?
                What if a browser reports back as something else?
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

gt40, quite accurate, I imagine - 14 million samples (unique cookies, so not neccesarilly users/computers) during one week in a country of 40 million. This research is performed constantly by our biggest service providing counters on webpages, quite extensively used. And they also cooperate with all major portals/webmails.
                  Overall, it is believed numbers are quite accurate. Yes, they're trying hard to recognise browser spoofing - besides, it would mean only bigger usage share for alternative ones. Which is probably higher anyway - from my observation, tech-savvy users tend to not use polish internet (quite crappy content and it is before "adsense revolution")

BTW, interesting thing when looking at numbers for users from "outside":
                  IE - 80%
                  Gecko - 15%
                  Opera - negligible

Comment

Software firm with ~20 people I think it's 100% Firefox. I'm not sure if we count in those types of surveys
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Happily running Firefox on all the studio and home 'puters.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Ie = 100%

Comment

All but me I.E. 6.X.

I use Firefox most of the time on Recepetionists, mine, and servers.

Comment

Working...
                          X