Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best method to transmit video to another room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best method to transmit video to another room?

I have just had sky+ installed. I was using a length of coax to run a singal from the second RF out upto my bedroom. For some reason I am getting scrolling red and gren lines on the TV. The TV is about 15years old so I guess it is a refresh issue? I wonder if the new sky box has a 60hz output...

In any case I am going to replace the TV. I'd like a 17" LCD TV as it wouldn't take up too much space. These TV's don't seem to have a coax input. The sky+ box has a spare scart out that I can use, but I shudder at the cost of a scart cable that long.

Can i use some spare cat5 with an adaptor?
    Is there such thing as a s-video/scart to DVI/VGA adaptor so that I can buy a LCD monitor for half the price? I don't need anything fancy. Just a reasonable picture and stereo sound.

Thanks for any advice.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Full Scart uses 21 wires, so CAT5 wouldn't suffice.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

not all those 21 wires are used in every situation.
      For s-video + audio, a cat-5 cable should probably suffice. Look here for scart pinout

Comment

Ya, I thought he wanted to use component
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

however, component isn't supported through a SCART socket

Comment

Damn, I better throw out my scart to component plug, I did not realise it was fictious

Comment

well unless they recently added component (YPbPr) to SCART specs, it is not in any way standardised.

Comment

so you guys would recommend using cat5 with a scart cable on one end and svideo + audio on the other?
                Is there a way to use a monitor rather than a TV?
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X