Please tell me it isn't like this in the rest of the world :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me it isn't like this in the rest of the world :/

OK, I know it isn't like this, perhaps apart from Italy...

On every TV station either religious crap or...regular crap. Radio is astonishingly passable, given the hour (usually the only time with passable music is in late night/early morning), however they still have to put religious crap here and there. And on top of it all...again mass paranoia with people pretending this whole thing changes them for the better...

I guess I'm posting it so you'll feel pity about me today...

edit: great, they've already announced a minute of silence on 21:37 (no so bad) and most pathetic song imaginable afterwards (not...so good)
    Last edited by Nowhere; 2 April 2006, 16:20.

Has something happened or something? I didn't see any news today.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's it, I'm applying for citizenship and moving to Germany.

Comment

Well.. it is Sunday. Be thankful it isn't the 1700s or you would be punished for doing anything today.

Comment

Heh, not just Sunday.

One year ago it was Saturday after all...and even bigger hysteria. Much bigger...

Comment

There's always one or two religious cahnnels on tv and the radio here, in pretty much every province too. It's alwyas been like that here.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah, now imagine something like that is on EVERY channel...

Comment

Surf the net or find something else to do, all your tv has belong to jesus.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's the first anniversary of John Paul II’s death.
                  Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by az
                    Has something happened or something? I didn't see any news today.
                    Same here...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

prety much the case in leb and the rest of the ME.... although i must say that its overdone in lebanon by both christians and moslims..... i think they are also compeeting on who can build and have the greatest amount of places of worship... as it is almost hard to not find one at every corner....

that said.... instead of buliding all these churches and mosqs... they could have built something to house all the homeless....
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Spiral, you want to tell me whole Middle East went into hysteria because of "one year after" JP2? (yep, it's about this)

Anyway, wasn't nearly as bad as one year ago...back then I realised what happened when two oversized (you know, drugs for mustle growth...I have troubles finding translation) guys sit with me in otherwise empty tram, making phonecalls, almost crying, cursing and yelling. Oh, and how could I forgot all the flags on every building. All declarations of how we'll be better from now on (most hilarious were declarations of eternal peace between fanatics of two football teams which are on war). All chain letters to shut off the lights when one week after death passed. Blockades of city centers because of masses. Oh, and most ridiculous of all, "JP2 generation", to which I supposedly belong (pffffff...I'm a child of war at most ; BTW, it is crucial, trust me on this one, to spell "JP2" in English ). And of course everybody signed up (nevermind that day-to-day they take part in rat race, drink, smoke, fvck without marriage and so on...). Interestingly, journalists only 2 months ago started to write that this whole "generation thing" is BS...so either I should write (few of the articles I've read said same things I was saying a year ago) or...journalists in this country don't have balls when it comes to religious matters (because you should know..."offending someone's feelings" is almost punishable by law here, of course only if those are feelings of catholics).
                        I'm really sick of living in place with so many dillusionate people...
                        Last edited by Nowhere; 3 April 2006, 16:45.

Comment

"drugs for mustle growth." anabolic steroids (sp?)
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                          X