X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[Rant]
    ½!"#¤%&/()=?`@£${[]}\!!

My computer decided to break down again, this time its either the PSU or the motherboard
    the last 4´th times including this one it happened on a friday evening

And I've decided that the watercooling has to go....

Either that or I'll have to find a gigantic case (still have to get a larger one, I have to remove the vidcard to get the hdds out as it is now ) to be able to stuff all the watercoling stuff inside or bring out the metalsaw again (my older cases has looked like swiss cheese)

atleast it wasnt a hdd or the vidcard this time

[/Rant]

In the light of the above I've decided to change psu whatever its it or not since it might be underpowered (420w) and I have to make up my mind on what new PSU i'm going to buy, sughestions ?

(I'm thinking of either an Fortron source 500 or 600w psu)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

GuuuuuuARRRrrHhhhhhgghghhhhhhhhhhgngngnghhhhhhhhhh hh!!

Erm, isn't there a 1kW PSU from some company out now? Buy that, be set for the next 10-15 years or so.

Comment

Yeah, right. And the capacitors will live that long
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
        Yeah, right. And the capacitors will live that long
        Why not?

At work we have tons of devices containing capacitors that are over 20 years old and those capacitors obviously do last
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Obviously all of over 20-year old equipment that you have at work proved to have good capacitors...but how much equipment died along the way?

Comment

well, it switshing psu did help a bit, still the power readings in bios is still a bit dicey....
            and ofcourse the mobo decides to do something like this 2 months after end of warranty

Still, it seems to work ok now that I'm only using one memslot, a great excuse for uppgrading, isnt it ?

Comment

Those manufacturers feel they can skimp out and use cheap shit capacitors now because that board will be old news in a year anyhow, right?

Damned disposable world.

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                At work we have tons of devices containing capacitors that are over 20 years old and those capacitors obviously do last
                Not all capacitors are created equal.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It's self perpetuating.
                  The uninformed will go out and buy the least expensive PSU unit out there - forcing manufacturers to buy the cheapest components.
                  Even the more reputable manufacturers are foced to use cheaper components to be able to compete.
                  Don't expect any newer PSU's to last more than 5 yrs.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                    It's self perpetuating.
                    The uninformed will go out and buy the least expensive PSU unit out there - forcing manufacturers to buy the cheapest components.
                    Even the more reputable manufacturers are foced to use cheaper components to be able to compete.
                    Don't expect any newer PSU's to last more than 5 yrs.
                    It's the same as with anything else.. the mentality created and perpetuated by you-know-what.

Comment

It's just deliberate built in redundacy. How the hell do you force someone to upgrade unless they're upgrading junky like us.
                      Anyone notice how hard drives are less reliable these days?
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've decided!

I'm gonna get a Coolermaster Stacker

And a CNPS9500 LED

might settle for an Zalman cnps7000b tho

Comment

Updates

Wohooo!!

Reverted to an older bios rev and now IT WORKS

Either the bios flas to the newer bios got screwed or they did something really funny in the new versions

dang, there goes my excuse to get a new mobo, cpu, vidcard

Comment

Working...
                          X