Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1704 in x64

Hi,

I was installing Corel Paint Shop Pro and it froze during install. Now when i try to install any other application i get a message "Error 1704. An installation for <App Name> is currently suspended". Anyone got ideas how to get rid of it without reinstalling windows? Thanks in advance!
    2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Seems to depend on the app.
    But there is a trend.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Couldn't find one for PaintShop
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Whats the installer? eg installshield..etc

I know for install shield there are a few issues like this due to (shared)install shield components getting corrupted, usualy you have to install an update to clear up the mess. The one that use to pop the most for us was get the latest ms msi installer update

Comment

Hi cjolley

Thanks for the links ... the last link helped me remove the pending install and now i'm able to install apps. Unfortunetly it didnt fix the PSP ... it still woulnt install but at least i can install other application.

Marshmallowman ... it is install shield.
        2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Originally posted by RUS007
          Hi cjolley

Thanks for the links ... the last link helped me remove the pending install and now i'm able to install apps. Unfortunetly it didnt fix the PSP ... it still woulnt install but at least i can install other application.

Marshmallowman ... it is install shield.
          Wouldn't bother with it as Corel have made it a load of junk. Version 9 is a lot better.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ya actually the PSP 9.01 does the same thing also.

When i setup x64 i thought i would try the new Corel PSP X and it failed and so then i tried the PSP 9.01 and kept on getting the same error and now i cant seem to be able to install either one. The uninstall doesnt work as either one is not completely installed.

Comment

Ok these you could try this, it updates the msi installer part(which Install shield uses)

Also when an installer fails and won't re-install becasue of partial installs you will probably have to clean it out of your registry, you could do it manually(if you know what your doing) or you use one of the registry cleaning tools that allows you to remove old/crufty install information.

Comment

Working...
              X