Commando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commando

Just had to make a thread to remind everyone that Commando is the best movie ever. EVER. Well, not really, but its hilarious! Hadn't watched it in quite a few years, put it in tonight -
    Arnold is a comedic genius, even if he doesn't intend to be.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

The 80s rocked.. wish I could go back and live em all over again.

No worries, good music, fun movies..

Comment

yes... me too...

(born in '86... )
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Hmmm Mehan,
        I think KvH meant you had to live in the 80's not born in them

Comment

hence the yes dot dot dot, me too dot dot dot (was being sarcastic )

Comment

dammit, i thought you were refering to no underwear under your jeans.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
              That's what I thought of too. Must be an old man thing
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I happened to run across this movie a couple months ago when a Friend stopped over and I totally agree...the movie is ****ing halirious in places. Not to mention the one guy in it looks like someone I know!
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

??? how would you come up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    The 80s rocked.. wish I could go back and live em all over again.

No worries, good music, fun movies..

I would go back to the 80's in a heartbeat.
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      ??? how would you come up with that?
                      You are being sarcastic right?
                      That's the first thing that crossed my mind as well.
                      Going commando (or to go commando) is the phenomenon of not wearing underwear under one's outergarments in public. In American slang, this phenomenon is also referred to as Freeballing (in the case of males not wearing underwear) and Freebuffing (in the case of females). A 2004 study of 7,000 people by the New York-based clothier Freshpair revealed that 9% of men and 7% of women go commando on a day-to-day basis. In British English, the use of commando as a verb is a relatively recent phenomenon but increasingly common. The phrase and phenomenon is often used in a declaratory (I'm goin' commado!) way (particularly by young women) to covertly create a frisson of sexual excitement or amusement amongst friends, sexual partners, etc. Modern British social mores generally recognise "going commando" as a "playful" behaviour (akin to a mild form of exhibitionism), and one that does not necessarily demonstrate an overtly sexual intent. Indeed, many people go commando strictly for comfort, feeling that underwear is unnecessarily restrictive and tight, or just preferring greater mobility for the genitalia. However, it has to be recognised that in many cases there is a recognisable sexual element to the behaviour.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Only in MURC...
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually, I'm glad he wasn't talking about himself going commando.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Interesting, didn't know that
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Oh, okay.. the post got me thinking about the film, so I forgot about that term. Odd that there is even a word for it..

Comment

Working...
                              X