No announcement yet.

High Definition DVD: Dead On Arrival???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Definition DVD: Dead On Arrival???

BUSINESS WEEK magazine offers an amazing article about how the high definition DVD camps may be creating too much confusion for consumers:

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Better picture quality is nice, but unless you have a greater than at least 40" set its not too obvious to see the difference between 480p DVD and good HDTV broadcast. There is lots of bad quality HDTV on the air (image quality not program quality, which is almost universally lacking).

IMHO live sports will push HDTV and big screens, not HD-DVD or BluRay which IMHO are going nowhere until prices drop to near current levels for players and content.

I rarely watch DVDs but my wife is a movie freak. The interactive features are crap, all she wants to do is watch the damn movie, all the menus and non-skipable crap just gets in the way and confuses her. More of this won't enhance sales to the masses of people like her.

--wally.

Comment

Right on Wally, I agree 100%.

I'm sitting out until things settle out and prices come down. I'm not going to be suckered into buying all my DVD's again, and then again when they come out HD with special features, then with "enhanced high def" or whatever crap they'll try and push.

- Mark
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X