Crysis screenshots and fact sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis screenshots and fact sheet

The screenshots are beautiful, but it was the fact sheet that got me excited! I especially liked the ones in bold

# An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
    # A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
    # Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
    # Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
    # Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
    # Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
    # 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
    # Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
    # Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
    # The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.

And of course the stuff they have already been advertising. Check out the link if you don't know what I am talking about.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Very nice, I will be getting this one.

Comment

Another got to buy new video card to play game... dang
      And you could probably aslo throw in the second CF, SLI or Ageia physics card.

Comment

More crates, barrels and deserted wharehouses...sheeesh!!

I will buy it though

Comment

I'm really excited about this game. I will definitely buy it, assuming I have a newer computer and the money
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

OK, I thought Oblivion looked amazing(and it does!), but these new screenshots of crysis has surpassed my expectations of what really amazing in game shots are supposed to look like.. I am now WOWed!

Comment

Anyone know if this will be 32/64bit or strictly 64bit?
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

hmmm...From an article a few months back...

It's too early to talk about system requirements, but Yerli said that you'll probably want a pretty powerful PC to enjoy the game. While they haven't identified a target CPU, you will need a graphics card with support for shader model 2.0. With that said, he noted that Far Cry was pretty scalable on a wide variety of systems once it shipped, so we can expect the same with Crysis. The game will ship with support for both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10, the upcoming version of DirectX that will be included with Windows Vista. And while the game will certainly run well with DirectX 9, he noted that you'll probably see better performance with DirectX 10 and Windows Vista, thanks to the performance improvements Microsoft has made. When asked if Crysis would also appear on a next-generation console such as the Xbox 360, Yerli said that they were only working on a PC version.

Comment

Speaking of Vista, will it be a true 64 bit OS with backwards compatibility for 32 bit aps?

Just curious thanks.

Comment

It's pretty much the same as XP x64. Fully 64-bit OS with WOW64 for 32-bit stuff. There will also be a 32-bit version.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Might have to turn the res down to 1280 to keep it going with 16xFAA on my p650. Shame

Comment

lol!

/me will need new computer
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Thats just wow !
                          Looks almost real, and those faces are amazing.
                          And yes.....looks like upgrade time again.......
                          ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

I am totally blown away by this new footage. The game has surpassed my expectations of what I thought it might look like. Check out this 14 minutes of in-game footage and decide for yourself. Amazing...

Comment

Does anyone know when its due?

JD
                              Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Working...
                              X