X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour perception.

I'm browsing Wikipedia in search of some info, and stumbled upon this:

Specifically:
    "Human eyes are more sensitive to green light. The greens are easier to see than the reds, and the blues are almost impossible to see." (and the image there with three stripes)

And I wonder...
    The above description isn't true for me. Blue is much closer to green threshold (both about 2/3 from bottom) than red (around half) in my case. What is your experience?

Depends on your monitor and settings, on your room lighting, surrounding colors etc. as well as on your eyes. In my now almost completely dark room: Green to about 90%, red and blue about 70%. And I can see the banding in the colors, because it's only 7 bits per color.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeah, sure, was just wondering... (and I'll see how it looks for me on Eizo with profiles installed)
      BTW, while variations of background light/contrast move the thresholds up/down, relations between them are mostly preserved.

Comment

Even if the background light changes its hue?

Comment

about the same for me as Az, but no banding
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yep az - the initial "test" was made with fluorescent light and no light, and now, with sunlight, it's the same, I think. (and yes, banding all the time...it isn't obviously visible?)

Comment

actually, banding, but only in the green. My video card is prone to slight banding though
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

also, if I view from nearly the same plane as my LCD from above (~15 degrees), I can see 99% of all 3 colors, and if from below (about 15% from the plane) they all look black. Colors do not change from left to right at all.

Comment

apparently women are better at this than men...

Comment

This banding has nothing to do with the video card making a mistake. It's only seven bits per color, so only 2^7=128 different shades of color. Some of the jumps in intensity are visible to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X