PDA

View Full Version : Got to bag this one too!

Fat Tone
29th March 2006, 09:04
And I look forward to returning :)

cjolley
29th March 2006, 09:38
Science and Military?

Odd combo.
Sounds like the Doc M forum ;)

KvHagedorn
29th March 2006, 17:17
Science and Military?

Odd combo.
Sounds like the Doc M forum ;)

My thoughts exactly.. Maybe it should be a sub-forum of "General Hardware" :)

Sasq
29th March 2006, 17:35
My thoughts exactly.. Maybe it should be a sub-forum of "General Hardware" :)
I might move it there later. but at least here, you all notice it.

The reason for the dual title, is well, we get lots of new science that has mil applications. so it was easier.

VJ
29th March 2006, 23:52
Interesting...

Euhm, on which of the new forums to the temp-forum rules apply?

Jörg

az
30th March 2006, 05:59
I don't like the title.

Sasq
30th March 2006, 06:17
the title was chosen mostly because a lot of scientific advances usually involve mil applications first. and a science advance i didn't want to confuse with the new political forum

az
30th March 2006, 06:41
I understand, but I think: If it's scientific, it goes in here, whether it's civil or unciv.. military. If it's not science, it doesn't go in here. The current forum title suggests that this here is for things that must be either science or military - and while I would find a science forum interesting, I won't visit a "Mordrid's nationalistic propaganda" forum.

Why not just call it Science - military science is science, too, and can be posted in here, but do you really want a "military" forum?

Sasq
30th March 2006, 07:19
shall consider. titles came about last night after much beer.
might change it to - mil spec instead.

Mehen
30th March 2006, 07:26
"Science and/or Military"

Nowhere
30th March 2006, 07:51
What if I want to post a thread about pollitical influence (or pollitics/situation somewhere neccesisating change) on tech/scientific direction of the military, using example? Which forum then? :p

az
30th March 2006, 10:21
If it's mainly about politics: politics forum.

If it's mainly about science: This forum.

If it's mainly about how your nation is god's own and the greatest in the world and the infidels are no human beings: up yours.

Nowhere
30th March 2006, 19:29
OK, try this one: where to put post about scientific "treatment" of idea of god? :p

lowlifecat
30th March 2006, 19:41
OK, try this one: where to put post about scientific "treatment" of idea of god? :p

if it's subjective, it goes with religion. if you can objectify it then it's ok here.

Nowhere
30th March 2006, 19:51
It's not obvious when dealing with god...but, why not.

gt40
1st April 2006, 10:01
you'll get alot more response in this forum if you abbreviate it to 'S and M' :D